Go Bottom Go Bottom

Owners Operation Parts Manuals

View my Photos
LeslieR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-18          185992

Happy New Year friends. I have just purchased a Yanmar YM165D with a Woods backhoe and a front loader. Being interested in getting it into tip top condition and serviced etc, I wondered if any of you guys and gals had the above manuals in a downloadable format that I could receive by email. I am not rich and I see a Parts Catalogue for the tractor here in the UK is £44.99 (about $67 US which I think is a bit pricey). Woods sent me the backhoe operators manual but I cannot find downloads for the tractor. Many thanks, Les.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-18          185993

Congratulations on your acquisition but in a word, the answer's no. You're lucky that manuals are available at all other than in Japanese, as yours is not one of the common "gray market" models.

A Operators Manual (actually half operation and half parts) came free with the tractor. The costly ones are the Service Manual (which I would suggest you get) and the Parts Manual, which may still be available from US dealers but I don't know about nearer you. There may be CD versions available but I don't know how much cheaper or how good.

It's a fine model but a 30-year-old one with no frame as such. With a major implement at both ends, use it gently lest the rear hitch or the bell housing (that serves as a frame too) fail. Unless it was fitted with a subframe. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2013-01-18          185994

Wow Leslie!
Quite a find! I have 165d but can't really imagine hanging major implements off both the front and the back! I'm sure all of us would love to see some pictures : ) You can see mine in action on the below link.

I have the original owners manual for the 165d, but not a service manual. PM me if you'd like to have it and I can .pdf it to you. I also have the manual for the mower deck and snowblowers that fit this model if that helps as well.

Also... listen to Auerbach, he is the wise owl on these boards : ) Congrats on the new tractor! ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
winston1

2013-01-18          185995

There is an on line pdf parts manual for your 165. Sometimes they won't pull up. Today is one of those days. I will be watching and copy it here when it becomes available. Trust me, not lying. ....

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-18          185998

Thanks for your quick reply. The tractor goes like a sewing machine and is not going to be used for heavy work (digging trenches in my sandy soil at home and lifting bricks up to the first (your second I believe) floor of my scaffolding whilst building my new home. I just want to know what fluids (and how much) goes where etc as I don't know how long it is since it was treated to a service. I have some other posts to see, so hopefully they may help too. Best, Les. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-18          185999

As a start, lube all zerks.

Change the oil (diesel rated) every 100 hrs, filter (which you may have to scrounge) every 200.

Perhaps after you get the manual, drain the fluid. Find the screen filter underneath, carefully remove (noting how it went in), clean, put back. Fill with combo hydraulic-transmission fluid (not hydraulic oil) to within a few inches of the top opening.

If you're ordering parts, maybe include a valve-cover gasket because it likely could use a valve adjustment. And some fuel filters and a filter-housing gasket. But don't touch until you learn how to bleed it after.

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-18          186000

Thanks for the info. I have had a ram resealed on the backhoe and fitted 2 new front tyres (getting a rare breed here - 5-12's at $225 a pair). As soon as it stops snowing, i'll get round to the fluids. You can still get filter sets here so when I get a manual, i'll be about it. Thanks again for you interest in my tractor - it is appreciated. Best, Les. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2013-01-18          186001

All hyd cylinders will need resealing eventually.

Even if the new fronts are identical in circumferance to the originals, the rears will be smaller through wear. So avoid 4WD except on slippery surfaces or for short distances, lest you invite drivetrain lockup. ....

View my Photos
winston1

2013-01-20          186011

Looks like I have made myself out to be a liar. The parts pdf still will not come up. I am going to continue to try for several more days. I have seen them become unavailable but never this long. May have been removed? ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2013-01-20          186012

If there's anything that Winston can't find on the Web, it's not there. But there are good illustrations from the parts manuals on the Hoye Tractor site. ....

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-20          186013

Thanks WInston and Auerbach i'll have a looksee! ....

View my Photos
winston1

2013-01-22          186021

It finally showed up.

http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.au/intranetwebcache/Parts/Parts%20Manuals/Yanmar/Y00T2391.pdf ....

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-22          186022

Thanks very much Winston - printing it off now. I had seen this site a few days ago but didn't seem to be able to do anything with it! Cheers. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2013-01-22          186023

Hi Leslie, well... i brought the manual to work today but can't figure out a good way to do it without getting fired for excessive paper usage! Sorry!!!!!!!!

if there's ever anything specific you or anyone else needs out of the manual, don't hesitate to ask.

The part number for the manual I believe is: OM165-8012

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-23          186026

Hi there. The only way l can think of is scanning it, saving the scanned pages to a file and then emailing the file (no paper needed), however, if there are many pages, it is labour intensive. What l am interested in are fluids (types, levels and quantities etc) and daily running checks etc (if that helps). Cheers, Les. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2013-01-23          186027

"What l am interested in are fluids (types, levels and quantities etc) and daily running checks etc...."

You don't have to know amounts where there are dipsticks. I've had mine since new and don't know what the capacities are.

The specs would be from over a generation ago, before some modern formulations like multi-grade oils were around. The important types to use I think I posted here for you earlier.

Checks are things like tires up, nothing falling off, engine-oil good, no red lights staying on, no odd noises, things you shouldn't need a manual to tell you. ....

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-23          186028

Appreciate what you have said and sent to me so far. I just saw a filler cap on the front axle and no doubt there'll be one on the back one somewhere and I wondered what sort of oil went in there. Its more of a general interest thing in my machine and being able to read about it too as well as getting the right stuff for it. I have a parts manual now so I am on the way. I'll probably buy a operators/service manual when I get the chance. Thanks for your time etc. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2013-01-23          186031

Hi Leslie,
I will send you a few key pages that have helped me along the way.

90wt gear oil for your axles.

Walmart & your local Napa auto parts are your best bets for fluids.

check your IM :) ....

View my Photos
LeslieR

2013-01-23          186033

Thanks v much for your trouble. If only we had Walmart here in the UK - i'd be over the moon. Your continued help is much appreciated. Best, Les. ( l think you have my email address ) ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2013-01-23          186034

The manual that would help you the most would be the operator's manual. I still have them available. Shipping to the UK isn't bad for it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login