Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar YM186D filter numbers

View my Photos
ccooperaus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-27          183653

Hi. Could someone give me the numbers (codes) for Air, Engine oil, Hydraulic/Transmission oil, and Fuel please. Local parts supplier doesn't have a listing for 80's tractors. Cheers Charlie

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-28          183655

I had the same problem with YM240. These little tractors are of the common sump design, so any trans/hydraulic fluid will be fine. The majority are typically 20 weight equivalents. For the filters, I simply cleaned up the old ones good enough not to make a mess on a retail parts counter. After a few stops, I found enough clerks who recognized and eventually provided compatible replacements.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-28          183656

Greg's suggestion should work for the oil (depending on the supplier). If it doesn't work for the other three, you could order a few years supply from a mail-order Yanmar dealer. They're not heavy to ship, and you don't need a huge number. I can recommend a number of good dealers in the US (or filter makers) but you are closer to Japan, and your model is a legitimate export one.

With the hydraulic, just because it has the same dimensions doesn't necessarily mean it's OK. ....

View my Photos
ccooperaus

2012-05-29          183664

Thanks guys. The hydraulic filter is the one that concerns me. Not the same as engine oil filters I understand. The mail order route is the one I will follow. Bought a 4' flail mower for it. Works well but the recomended 1mph is slow, slow, slow :-( Cheers Charlie ....

View my Photos
ccooperaus

2012-05-29          183665

Oh, could I have the names addresses sites of the Dealers you suggest please. Cheers Charlie ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-05-29          183667

Just Google their websites: Hoye Tractor (Aaron), Jamieson Tractor (Gary), Schaefer Tractor (Len), and I think Parker Tractor (Danny). You might order a Service Manual too.

Yes, Fram makes a race-car oil filter identical to my hydraulic one. Not suitable. ....

View my Photos
ccooperaus

2012-05-29          183675

Thank you for that. Interestingly after running it for an hour the trans fluid was milky/cloudy. Water. Checked it a few hours later and clear as a bell. Must be a very small amount of water. Thoughts? Cheers Charlie ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2012-05-30          183680

You're lucky to have caught that early. The churning gear trains eventually emulsify the mix to the point where it no longer separates. Take advantage of the fact that oil is lighter than water. Let the machine stand a few days. Then open the lowest drain plug on the housing. Water should come out first. Replace plug when you see oil. Might have to do this more than once.

I've also read that adding some isopropyl alcohol can help remove water, but I've never tried it. I recommend researching that further before you arbitrarily pour anything into the sump.

My own personal philosophy is that a tractor is worth a lot more than a few gallons of trans-hydraulic fluid. If it were mine, I'd simply drain/flush/strain/flush then refill with new.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-05-30          183681

I wouldn't go by the 1-mph statement, but by whether the engine sounds happy or like it's straining. Depends on what you're cutting and how much. Use your lowest PTO speed and usually the engine at about 90% of redline.

Doesn't take much water to cloud the fluid. Or to harm the system. ....

View my Photos
ccooperaus

2012-05-30          183687

Thanks guys. Need that hydraulic filter in a big hurry. :)
Cheers Charlie ....

View my Photos
winston1

2012-05-31          183699

Wix 51525. Yanmar 194464-48310 http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/results.asp?PartNo=194464-48310&Submit=Search

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-07-18          184333

Don't forget to remove/clean/put back the internal mesh filter when it's drained. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login