Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 155D buying tips

View my Photos
TomHoodRiver
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-05          180179

I'm moving to the country! Purchasing 20 acres, some fields mostly forest. Will get a lot of snow in winter. Considering a Yanmar 155d with front loader and some extra equipment. What are some things to consider, questions to ask when I check it out. Some general buying tips would be very welcome
thanks
Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar 155D buying tips

View my Photos
winston1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-05          180180

Don't be afraid to ask the history of the tractor. Remove radiator cap while cold and look at inner tubes to see if they are all open. Check all fluid levels and conditions. Don't forget the front axle. Watch the crankcase vent while tractor is running for excessive blow by. Inspect for external leaks. Take tractor through all gears listening for any unusual noises. Check both brakes. Determine if instrument panel is functioning. Take loader and 3 point through up and down, curl the bucket. Hopefully, 3 point will have weight for a good test. Test the pto. Good luck to you. ....

Yanmar 155D buying tips

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-05          180181

Also put the loader arms and bucket half-way up (puts the most strain on it), shut down, and confirm they hold position up to an hour.

Confirm it goes in and out of 4 properly, and that when in 4, it's working. For instance, goose it up a slippery hill and watch that least one of the fronts is pulling.

A rear blade will move snow and balance the loader weight. Traction will be helped by ag-tread on the tires (but you don't want to mow lawns with them), ballast in the rears, and four chains.

For starting in the cold check that the therostart plug and decompression control work.

It's a good little export model that will do everything larger ones will (but of course, slower). Questions, just ask. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login