Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 165d Hydra Oil change

View my Photos
thegogetter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-03-27          177640

I attempted to change the hydra/trans oil & gear oil on the 165d this weekend and got intimidated. I have the manuals for the tractor but the pictures and location descriptions are a little vague.

Not too sure what I'm asking here, but any instructional videos or pictures available out there? Just need to pin point the exact location of the bolt(s) to remove.

Thanks in advance...

my seat broke clean off today too, damn.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-03-28          177641

Look at the low point of the housing for a drain plug. ....

View my Photos
winston1

2011-03-28          177646

You should have a strainer that needs to be cleaned. This is a picture on a 1401. Yours may be similiar. Should be behind a 3 bolt flange down low on the transmission. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
thegogetter

2011-04-11          177899

Just an update... took advantage of the first beautiful day here and did the last few remaining maintenance issues on my list. Topped off the tires and checked the oil from the change a few weeks back. All good there. Then did the Gear and Hyd/Trans change.

Gear Oil
I drained the main bolt and 2 bevel(sp) housing bolts with no problems. I was surprised though that when I took out the bottom bolts of the gear housings nothing drained. I thought the lower sections would have something trapped, o'well.

Hyd/Trans
Completed this as well... I did notice quite a bit of metal shavings and the fluid looked relatively decent. Scary but nothing I can do at this point but monitor. Can't tell by driving/shifting it thats for sure. Also didn't notice a screen to change... hmm.

ok, thats all from this end.

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-11          177900

With the hyd/trans fluid drained, underneath, forward of the rear axle, likely on the right side, find a triangular bright-metal plate held by three small bolts in a triangular pattern about 1.5" apart. Remove the bolts and plate. Pull out a cylindrical screen, being careful of an O-ring. Wash in solvent or diesel, put back.

Yours is an export model so English-language factory manuals (Operation, Service, Parts) were available, if any dealer has stock or can order them. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2011-04-11          177903

Great, thanks Auerbach. Will check tonight ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-04-12          177917

You're welcome, but it's so much work to drain the fluid and keep it perfectly clean that you might leave it for now and do the filter when you change it again at 200 instead of 300 hours (unless you get hydraulic problems). Forgot to respond about the seat.

Maybe I give too much importance to my rear but I'm rather attached to it and think the seat is a critical component. Unfortunately, the Yanmar one is rudimentory and attaches in a unique way.

Here's your opportunity to get an after-market one (better cushioning, higher back, arm-rests, easy position adjustments, ...) and revise the mounting hardware (or have a metal shop do it) so it will accept a standard tractor seat. ....

View my Photos
gritsman

2012-03-06          182659

Hey my hyd fluid is whiteish. Changed and washed the filter last year. It was whiteish then too. Under shelter all the time. Don't get it.
Recently 3 point lift arms are sluggish as well and hyd pump makes noise. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-03-06          182660

Changed and washed the filter?

Make sure the fluid is trans/hyd. A very small amount of water will cloud it. Could come from condensation. ....

View my Photos
winston1

2012-03-07          182662

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegogetter | view 177899
Just an update... took advantage of the first beautiful day here and did the last few remaining maintenance issues on my list.Topped off the tires and checked the oil from the change a few weeks back.All good there.Then did the Gear and Hyd/Trans change.Gear OilI drained the main bolt and 2 bevel(sp) housing bolts with no problems.I was surprised though that when I took out the bottom bolts of the gear housings nothing drained.I thought the lower sections would have something trapped, o'well.Hyd/TransCompleted this as well... I did notice quite a bit of metal shavings and the fluid looked relatively decent.Scary but nothing I can do at this point but monitor.Can't tell by driving/shifting it thats for sure.Also didn't notice a screen to change... hmm.ok, thats all from this end.

Since this thread has come out of hibernation I will attach this parts drawing for your ym165d. Look at figure 36 for your suction screen location. http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.au/intranetwebcache/Parts/Parts%20Manuals/Yanmar/Y00T2391.pdf ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login