Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mods to my YM1300

View my Photos
shansen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-03-11          177337

I bought my 1300 on eBay about 7 or 8 years ago. Best deal I ever made. I have made some modifications to it over the years, and thought I'd share them, just in case you may want to do the same.
Battery:
I replaced the garden battery with a full sized one. Found that a smaller car battery will fit where the old one was with no modification, except I used a small plastic battery tray. Makes starting a lot easier and charges fine.
Inline radiator heater:
Had a hard time starting it at times in winter, mostly because of the garden battery...hence the battery change too. I have read of some guys wanting to put a heater in the freeze plugs. This was a lot easier, and works great. I just installed an inline heater in the lower hose and ran the cord back to the dash, where I can reach it easier.
Fuse box:
Really wasn't a box, but an open plate where the fuses were the little wire without the glass. I replaced them with inline fuses. I have 4. Horn (really...get outta my way, I'm going 2+ mph!!!), lights, oil light (I do not know why this has a fuse. I am not sure if the temp light is connected to this or not...something to find out I guess, but those are the only instruments I have), and blinkers, which I replaced with worklights.
Worklights:
I thought having blinkers was funny (see horn above), so I replaced them with worklights. I took out the blinker and spliced the wire. I took out the blinker switch and spliced the separate light wires together. Radio Shack has a rocker switch that fits in the blinker switch hole with no drilling, just slips right in. Then I bought two small work lights and mounted them right in the blinker mounts. I think I had to enlarge the hole a bit. Bingo, Plenty of light.
At one point I built a front loader for it. I tend to overbuild, and it turned out to be too much for a 2 wheel drive tractor. The hydraulics were fine, I used the 3 point pump with all of the loader hydraulics with no problem, but to be really effective, you need 4 wheel power.
I also bought a 3 point kit for it. Only thing here is that you may have to use catagory 0 implements, that is, the distance between the lower pins is 20 inches. Catagory 1 distance is wider, and it's usable if you move the tires outward. Mine have always been inboard.
Thanks for the great site!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mods to my YM1300

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-03-11          177341

You know someone is going to say...pictures.
But seems you have a good mechanical thought process there and the tractor benefited greatly by it. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login