Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar F200D not running for sale

View my Photos
sqwert9
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-13          176389

There is for sale this F200D tractor loader and gannon it looks good tires good but it does not run. Owner advertized this as may need engine work. Are engine parts available and how much would be a reasonable price? I will be able to check it closer in a few days. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
winston1

2011-01-13          176390

"May need engine work" is a broad statement. That could be anything from $10 to $2000 plus. I don't think parts are to available on the F three didgit models. I would suggest you contact Hoye or other Yanmar parts dealers and ask them that question. Without knowing more of what exactly is needed and parts availibility I wouldn't venture a guess on a reasonable price. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-14          176398

F200D tractor RELATIVELY MODERN AND 4WD BUT GREY MARKET SO YOU CAN'T GET PARTS OR MANUALS FROM YANMAR. PARTS ARE BECOMING AVAILABLE BUT THERE AREN'T ENOUGH F SERIES FOR THERE TO BE A GOOD SUPPLY NOW.

loader and gannon AS ATTACHMENTS GO THESE ARE COSTLY AND DESIRABLE, ESPECIALLY THE LOADER

it looks good tires good COULD BE A REPAINT AND TIRES CAN LAST THE LIFE OF A TRACTOR

but it does not run CAN MEAN IT'S NOT AN EASY OR EVEN A FEASIBLE FIX SO YOU MIGHT BE BUYING A PARTS TRACTOR OF A BRAND YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH -- WHICH IS FINE IF YOU CAN GET IT AT A SALVAGE PRICE, SAY $2-3000 OR DOUBLE THAT IF IT'S JUST A CLOGGED FUEL LINE OR SOMETHING. ....

View my Photos
sqwert9

2011-01-15          176426

I did get a chance to check this tractor out. I put a socket on the front pulley and found it was seized got no movement in fact the bolt loosened in one direction.It seems like a bearing because it would not move the least, The tractor is dusty but the hour meter shows 143 hours and the rest looks very good. It sounds like I could buy it for $2000 would it be worth the gamble? ....

View my Photos
winston1

2011-01-15          176427

You could easily end up spending a $1000+ on parts. Still remains an unknown. If the crank is ruined it alone would be around $500 if available. Then again, if you could get by with bearings, turn the crank, new rings, etc. you might get out for $500 total. As Auerbach stated the loader and blade are worth something. Are you planning on doing the work yourself or hiring it done? Labor is high also. Does the owner not have any inkling of why it is locked up? Was it locked up when parked? Has it been parked outside without anything over the exhaust? If it has taken on any water it could just as easily be a locked up piston. I guess my biggest concern would be the availability of parts. I would contact Hoye or some Yanmar parts dealer about that before getting my feet wet. I conclude if parts are available go for it. :) ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-15          176430

Sqwert9,

If you're seriously considering buying the tractor, even without knowing how much work will be involved to get it going again, I'd share those thoughts with the seller and see if he wouldn't be willing to come down on the price.

Honestly, 2000 is too much in its current condition. Offer him 1600 and see what happens. The money you save could go toward the purchase of a new, or rebuilt engine.

Now....before you tear into the engine, remove the glow plugs and pour some penetrating oil or kerosene into each cylinder. Replace the glow plugs, or plug the ports with a rag, just to keep foreign matter from entering the engine. Let it sit for a day or two, then see if you can't get the crank to turn.

If you buy the tractor, please stop in once in a while to let us know what you're finding.

Joel ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-01-17          176445

Sounds you know what a wrench is, and an installed loader is worth near the $2k. You might research what engine parts or replacements can you get, and what other models its loader would fit.

A less common tractor can sometimes double its cost by being parted out -- if you have the room and time.

There's no history possible with greys. The hour meter, likely zeroed by the jobber who imported it, is for servicing. ....

View my Photos
f-200d

2014-02-07          188857

did you ended up buying the F200d? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login