Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar YM2310-D vs YMF20-D

View my Photos
thimblefoot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-14          174575

hello all and thanks TR for paving the way for another woman rooky to follow!

I have limited experience with a Branson, but that belonged to the man I left behind.

I mostly used that one for moving hay, etc., but am looking forward to using this not only for that job, but also for cleaning out the barns, grooming the gravel drive, brushhogging the overgrown pre-existing paths through the woods, hauling out firewood, brushhogging pastures, etc.

Just bought a 39 ac piece and yesterday found me at a used Yanmar Tractor Dealer who deals in imports ... now to decide which Yanmar is the deal for me.

One is a YM2310-D, Kyoker Heavy Duty Loader, 626 hours.

The other a YMF20-D, Kyoker Loader, 296 hours, hydraulic side tilt on the 3 point.

I'm also looking to ad pallet forks, a Howse mower, which the dealer sells, and scraper blade.

Any thoughts, ideas, experience?? I would be grateful ...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar YM2310-D vs YMF20-D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-14          174580

I'm happy to assure you you're on the right track. A yannie will work harder and longer than any man.

But one possible issue is the dealer. Some buy a container-load of discarded Yanmars, flog them, and move on. Others offer a meaningful warranty and support their sales accordingly.

The other is that the models you're looking at (YM2310D, Kyoker Loader, 626 hours; YMF20D, Kyoker Loader, 296 hours, hydraulic side tilt on the 3 point) are "grey-market" models. Not a problem itself except there's no way of telling what the actual hours are. Also, though Mr. Yanmar does not support greys, there are dealers with workarounds for popular ones. But these are not among them, so try asking if he'll sell with it, say, a head gasket, clutch throwout bearing, and an internal hydraulic filter screen.

The loaders were likely added stateside. If they look unused, the dealer may have put them on.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login