Go Bottom Go Bottom

yanmar 276D 4WD FRONT

View my Photos
d4tom1941
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-22          173365

I HAD A LUBRICATION FAILURE IN THE FRONT AXLE. LEFT SIDE BEVEL/TRANSFER CASE SUSTAINED CATASTROPHIC FAILURE. UPPER BEARINGS FAILED AND BALL FELL DOWN INTO/ONTO THE BEVEL GEAR THAT DRIVES THE WHEEL. TWO TEETH CHIPPED, ONE TOOTH SEVERELY CRACKED.

QUESTION -- CAN THIS MESS BE FIXED ? NEW BEARINGS MAY BE 'STANDARD' BUT I DONT KNOW. THE BEVEL GEAR IS SHOT. ARE THERE ANY REPLACEMENTS FOR THIS UNIT ?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A REBUILD FOR THIS CASE/GEAR, ETC.

THANKS

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

yanmar 276D 4WD FRONT

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-23          173371

Won't be easy because it's a relatively rare model. But because it's an export (not grey-market), ask any dealer if he can get one from Yanmar. If not you could ask other dealers if they happen to have a 276D for salvage.

Likely the transfer case for other models would fit yours, if you can find someone who knows. Many models share parts with others, and all export models are based on a similar Japanese-market model. Then you could follow the procedure below for more than one model. And if you could hire someone who reads/writes Japanese, they could contact a salvage yard in Japan which should have the equivalent Japanese model. There's the chance that there's some difference in the part, so go by part number. Parts manuals should be available for yours.

Meanwhile find a local tractor salvage yard and ask him to communicate through his network to see if any other yard has one.

If there's no replacement part, that suggests you might get your money out of it by parting it out yourself. Or, you might be able to convert to a 2WD.

Good luck.

yanmar 276D 4WD FRONT

View my Photos
partsdude
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-24          173415

It is very possible to find the parts you need.

Spam portion of post deleted by moderator. ....

yanmar 276D 4WD FRONT

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-24          173420

Partsdude you are not allowed to post a link to your business or any other type of advertising here----unless you pay for it.

So please remove that info or a Moderator will do it for you. We call it spam here and is a violation of the terms of use. This goes for any and all your posts here. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login