Go Bottom Go Bottom

tires

View my Photos
demmett54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-18          172366

would like to know if it is possible to turn rims on back of a 165d to make the rear end wider? and if so what is the process thanks demmett54

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tires

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-18          172367

They're often in the narrow position for shipping or getting through narrow spots but study the rim offset to ensure they aren't already in the wide position.

Block the fronts. Break the rear lugs free. Jack the rear just clear of the ground. Undo and remove the lugs. Pull a wheel off, preferably with a helper. Spin it in place 180 degrees so the outside is now the inside. Reverse the procedure. Repeat on other side.

Tips: If one tire shows different wear than the other, you can interchange L/R at the same time. But if you have asymmetrical or ag tread, you must interchange L/R. If the valve-stem will now be on the inside, put a dab of nail polish or such on the outside so you'll know where to look on the inside. Use a torque wrench for the final tightening, probably around 130 ft-lbs. On some models you can also change the position of the rims relative to the wheel. ....

tires

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-18          172368

Auer...ummmm...nail polish, do you keep that next to the eye liner in the tool box? ....

tires

View my Photos
demmett54

2010-07-18          172371

thanks for the quick response . I thought that it might work that way but needed to know for sure . I do have agg tires so switch left to right is that what you mean thanks demmett54 allso do you know do they make a extended axle seen a ford with double tires on it, dont what that but I cut on some hills and the width would help ....

tires

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-07-19          172381

Agricultural tread is very directional whereas most turfs are symmetrical. Look from the back which way the cleats go, and check they go that way before re-installing. You can get stud extenders at a farm-tire shop to convert to dualies, but it's a lot cheaper to be careful on the hills.

Liner is just dark, but there's apparently 100 shades of pink and 200 of red. I get the out-of-fashion polish because nothing marks better on metal. Don't let on that I use last year's colors, OK? ....

tires

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-19          172384

There is some pivot in your front axle, be sure you use support under each side of your rear axle so when you pull the first tire off the side with the tire still on it does not become much heavier in a hurry. It can be dangerous...If you are spinning the tires out you should have no problem placing stands where they will be clear, however if you ever spin them back in it is easy to set the stands in the way of the wheel coming in.

Just so Auerbach does not take all the heat for nail polish it also works good on gun sights. ....

tires

View my Photos
demmett54

2010-07-19          172388

thanks for all the tips I had an 8n for years so its alittle tricky with a smaller tractor oh but what a beast it is.will do the flip this weeked .Pink is not my color so red it will be better match with the other colors lol thanks demmett54 ....

tires

View my Photos
demmett54

2010-07-19          172389

thanks for the advice on front end will do allso done the gunsight thinG .used last years color but it worked fine thanks for all the help.just got this yanmar friday runs like a d///// LOL ....

tires

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-19          172399

Bet you like the difference in steering and brakes between it and the 8N. The 8N probably road better due to the weight difference. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login