Go Bottom Go Bottom

Right backhoe

View my Photos
Awagga
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-04          171335

I am about to put on a bushhog 765H 3 point hitch backhoe on to my 226d. From what I have been told is the the 3 point hitch is very strong and as long as it is locked and tight it should be fine. Does anyone have any input on this.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Right backhoe

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-07          171391

There's no frame per se; the engine and structures aft serve as the frame, whose weak point is the bell housing (aka clutch housing). If that splits it's a $5k repair (after you track down a used housing because there are no new ones).

I assume you have an FEL (if not, you'd be way stern-heavy). Even a hard up-pull from that could break the housing. The solution is a subframe to take the strain and onto which you attach the hoe.

Otherwise, you could rent a hoe, hire a hoe operator, or trade on a model with a factory hoe like JD, Kubota, Kioti. A hoe is not an easy on-and-off, and when on, limits your tractor. A friend who mounted his hoe to the hitch excavated for years without trouble. Driving to a jobsite he hit a small bump and SNAP!

Your hobby tractor is a fine machine, but even three decades ago it was not construction equipment. ....

Right backhoe

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-07          171397

Any brand tractor with a three point mount backhoe is a high priced breakdown waiting to happen.
A subframe type backhoe mounting system does make it lots easier on the frame of the tractor, but not totally unbreakable. A three point mounted hoe puts stresses on the hitch and the rear castings of a tractor that they weren't designed to handle. I didn't see but was told of chunk of casting being pulled out of the rear housing where the top link is attached.
Mounting my Deere 48 hoe/W subframe on the 4310 takes about fifteen minutes, most of the time is consumed removing the three point hitch arms, after that it is almost a tractor seat operation. having things on a level floor helps a lot too.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login