Go Bottom Go Bottom

now have a 165 D

View my Photos
ronwest
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-20          165799

But I don't know much about it. No manuals. Runs good. Got it mostly for the pto to run some pulleys on jack shaft. It says 850 hours. Plenty of attachments as well.
Water leaks into the shift lever because the boot doesn't fit right so get some foaming and have to drain a refill.
So I need some help. And I hope to find some on this forum.
Thanks,

Ron in NC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

now have a 165 D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-21          165804

It's an export (not a grey-market) model (16-horse, 2-cyl), so English manuals should be available. The quarter-inch Operation Manual is half basic operation, half parts diagrams, came free with the tractor. The Service Manual and the Parts Manual are both 2-inchers, around $50-70.

Use the hour-meter for service, not life history. (I doubt a tractor made around 1985 would have such few hours.)

now have a 165 D

View my Photos
ronwest

2009-09-21          165820

Great! Thanks for the info. Where would be the best place to obtain these manuals. All the places I see on the net don't specifically the D model. How about a good place place to buy parts?
This just the start of my ?'s. I haven't even gone to pick it up yet. And all the attachments....this is going to be fun.
Thanks again,
Ron ....

now have a 165 D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-21          165829

It's the same manuals for the non-D and the D models. It's a bit awkward recommending a specific dealer, but you can get ideas by reading previous posts. ....

now have a 165 D

View my Photos
ronwest

2009-09-21          165836

Ok, that helps a lot. Now I can get educated and off on the right foot. I really bought it for the pto. But I can see this may be really useful. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login