Go Bottom Go Bottom

YM186 need steering parts box

View my Photos
wklemme
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-08          163306

My YM186D 4WD broke the steering sector shaft. Any good place to buy just that shaft or does anyone know of a used steering box?
Also does anyone know if boxes from other models will fit this machine? How about John Deere?
Thanks,
Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-08          163307

I heard some time ago that Hoye Tractor was waiting for a big load of boxes that they commissioned to be manufacturerd. ....

View my Photos
wklemme

2009-06-08          163309

Interesting. Thanks, I'll try them. Sounds like there might be a common problem there?
Bill K ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-10          163356

When a constantly-moving precision part lasts three decades I'm not sure it can fairly be termed a problem. But some owners store their tractors such that water gets in, and you can't easily access and then service this item.

Jamieson Tractors in PA would be closer, and Gary Jamieson seems to keep most everything in stock, especially for export models like yours. ....

View my Photos
wklemme

2009-06-10          163359

Well said..."problem" assumes a weak spot, where this probably is not. It is a very nicely made box with nothing cheap about it. I broke the shaft when I hit a pothole next to a rock which yanked the steering wheel out of my hands and forced the front wheel further than it could go. Something had to give. Inside the box there was plenty of grease and everything was still tight.
Your tip about Hoye Tractor was a good one...they do have complete new steering boxes for $455, but they also had the sector shaft I needed so I'm all set. Thanks for the help. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login