Go Bottom Go Bottom

how to separate transmission

View my Photos
wrknman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-18          161240

i have a ym1700 with a worn high-low shifter fork.i'm guessing i can separate the tractor at transmission and bellhousing? without separating the bellhousing from the engine? i have a service manual, but it's not helping. anybody been there done that?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-18          161242

Yes. You can seperate it there. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-18          161244

That's what you do. Be careful that both everything is well supported.

If your manual is a cobbled-together one for the 1700, you might want to get the Yanmar official Service Manual for the export model that is closest to your gray-market one, the 195.

When the selector control doesn't stay put, most owners just tie it in place. If you do split it, you might as well change all the wear items in there. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-03-18          161246

Range selector problem? I don't see the point in splitting the tractor for that. Why not just go in from the top? My YM240 lever would sometimes pop into neutral when pulling uphill in high range. Turned out the high range drive gear was worn more than the low range reduction gear (edges rounded off). For that job I went in through the top. Matter of fact, I never had cause to split that particular tractor.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
wrknman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-19          161247

i have a yanmar service manual for the closest model.it's kinda vague for disassembly. it shows a coupler on main shaft in the bell housing.i'm wondering if when i separate the tractor this joint may be stuck and pull the entire shaft out of the clutch? or will it separate and rear of shaft drop, if so is it possible to reach inside and lift shaft for reassembly to transmission shaft? hoping to avoid dissturbing the clutch.thanks. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login