Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar YM1500 engine

View my Photos
jes1942
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-23          159776

Can anyone tell me what US model John Deere, Kubota, or Yanmar engines are the same as the YM1500? The gray market engine is a model 2TR15, 2 cyl. diesel. I know Yanmar made engines for all 3 US tractors.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar YM1500 engine

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-23          159777

Probably comes closest to the JD650, made from '81 to '89. There may be a few common parts, but don't count on a John Deere dealer to tell you. My YM240 was pretty close to the JD850. But after visiting two different John Deere dealers - and noting the blank stares I got from behind the parts counter - I never went back.

//greg// ....

Yanmar YM1500 engine

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-23          159778

Not sure about Kubota but JD had Yanmar make some of its tractors, a number of its engines, and a few of its transmissions starting around 1976 -- but to Deere's specs, so these engines take Deere filters etc., not Yanmar's. (If the name "Kanzaki" comes up, that's a so-called subsidiary of Yanmar in response to Deere not wanting "Yanmar" on parts.)

Word has it that generally Deere dealers have no listings, information, or much willingness to help Yanmar owners. And the 1500 is a "grey" so Yanmar won't help. But there's tons of them around, perhaps more than any other grey or export Yanmar model, and it's easy to get whatever you need from a number of Yanmar dealers. ....

Yanmar YM1500 engine

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2009-02-05          160126

The Ym1500 engine is not used in a JD or a US Yanmar. I can supply parts & manuals for it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login