Go Bottom Go Bottom

looking to buy a zennoh yanmar 2210 bd with a koyker 110 loader

View my Photos
weedhopper41
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-17          158608

It has 1170 hours and it comes with a tiller,finish mower, grader blade and grader box. What would be a fair price? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-17          158611

I'd ballpark $5500-7500 depending on condition of the tractor itself and on the conditions of sale.

It's a grey-market Yanmar -- Zen-noh is a Japanese agricultural (especially rice) conglomerate that buys and leases out a lot of them, and wholesales them out early in their life-span.

My estimate assumes it's 4WD. The "D" at the end of a Yanmar model-number always indicates this, but I'm not familiar with "bd."

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-17          158625

the seller was asking 8900 but got them to come down to 8500. With the equipment is that to much? Seems here in Ky all used tractors sell high. I've been looking to buy one for a month or so now. I was down to the Zennoh or a Kubota 9200 Hst with loader for 7500 ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-17          158626

Weedhopper41,

If it was up to me, I'd shy away from any of the imported grey-market machines. It's not that they're bad tractors....it's just that getting parts and manuals is VERY DIFFICULT...and sometimes impossible.

The Kubota B9200 would be much preferred, provided it's big enough to handle your chores and attachments. You'll find that parts and manuals are easy to come by, and that servicing the thing will be no more difficult than servicing your Ford, or Chevy truck.

The number of people who visit this board looking for information on grey market tractors is pretty high, and they have a very difficult time cross-referencing part numbers. They have even more trouble finding manuals that are printed in English.

Take your time making the decision. The up-front cost might be lower for one of the grey-market machines, but it will catch up to you right quick-like.

Joel ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-17          158629

thanks for the help,the main reason I was thinking about the Zennoh was all the equipment it came with. ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-17          158635

One other question while i'm tryin to decide this. I could have sworn but might be wrong that i read somewhere that a 2210 was a popular tractor. If so would parts still be hard to get? This will be my 1st tractor ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-17          158637

It's not that popular because it had a very short production run. It's a workhorse model, strong and fuel efficient (you can hear its 25hp 2-cyl diesel in the next state). After 32 years, I'd doubt that hour reading.

You should not run a tractor without a manual, and a $40 translated one for it is newly available from Murray Publishing. Don't know how good it is or which kind (Owners, Service, or Parts). Service would be best.

There are so many grey Yanmars around that there's no parts problems for most, including the 2210, though a few other models are real orphans. The advantage of the Kubota is the number of their dealers. But there are grey Kubotas too (though not as many), so see if the hand throttle moves in the American way or the opposite.

You're right to focus on the attachments, which are what do the work. My price assumed they were well used but if new, add around $2000 to my guess. You can always get used or new ones later (except for the loader which is better already on) but the bigger the package, the lower the price. ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-18          158642

Would you trust a Kubota 9200HST that has 563 hrs? ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-18          158644

I don't know but it should be easy to get an answer because more guys know about 'botas than yannies -- just not me.

Tire wear can give a clue as to amount and type of use, and get the right tread type (ag or turf) for your intended use. ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-18          158646

it has turf but would rather have ag but guess i'm gonna have to take whats on it. turf should do ok tho for snow, scraping gravel drive, hauling wood,mowing and tilling when I can afford to get the implements. mower will be easy, think its gonna be hard to come up with a cheap tiller. my place is pretty much hillside but at least driveway is flat ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-18          158647

one of the main uses is gonna be getting fire wood. been disabled due to my back for a couple years but packing it out of the woods and up the hill is getting to hard on me, got some land scaping i have been needing to do also ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-18          158649

For lawn mowing you want turf tread (which is why it's named that). Not good on ice, but ag tread isn't that much better. Four chains for the turfs isn't all that costly. The better traction of ag shows up mainly on muddy ground or in aggressive tillng; for other applications it makes little difference with a 4WD. Incidentally, always keep it in 2 except when you need more traction.

My other point was that the tread wear should be consistent with the claimed hours. If the tires are new, it implies the originals wore out, which would take nearer 10,000 than 1000 hrs.

The Yanmar was made in 1977. It should not be hard to find out about the Kubota. ....

View my Photos
weedhopper41

2008-12-18          158650

from what i've read the kubota 9200 HST is somewhere around 1988-1990 i think. does that sound right? since i've made up my mind going to try to contact owner toxday to make arrangements to see it and purchase it if it looks as good as pics. going to have to try to borrow a trailer but i think my 1995 chevy 1500 with 5 speed should pull it ok. alot of the trip will be interstate so i'll just take my time doing it ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-12-18          158651

Weedhopper41,

Your Chevy will EASILY pull the Kubota. The B9200 weighs in somewhere around a ton, with the loader on. It weighs about 1700 lbs. without the loader.

The B9200 came with a 4-cylinder diesel, putting out 22 horsepower. It was made from 1987-1990.

Unless the information I'm looking at is wrong, it appears that the little B9200 also has a dual speed PTO shaft, turning at 540 rpm, or 1874 rpm.

See the link below.

Joel

Link:   Kubota B9200

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-18          158652

I don't know beans about Kubotas but some Japanese paddy tillers use a high PTO speed whereas North American attachments use 540 only, so find out if it's a grey, and if it is, how you'll be treated if you want help from a Kubota dealer.

A four-cyl would make for a more civilized experience, and since it's a decade newer and there are more of them around, that seems the way to go. (It would cost a bit more to overhaul the engine some day.)

Trucks can pull much heavier loads than they're certified for if you take it easy and there are no steep hills, but don't get into trouble or there could be legal issues. Use proper tie-downs (preferably chains and binders) to lock the load to the bed, and proper connection from the trailer to the truck including electrical and safety. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-12-18          158653

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 158649
[QUOTE=auerbach;158649] For lawn mowing you want turf tread (which is why it's named that). Not good on ice, but ag tread isn't that much better. Four chains for the turfs isn't all that costly.

If the tires are new, it implies the originals wore out, which would take nearer 10,000 than 1000 hrs. The Yanmar was made in 1977. It should not be hard to find out about the Kubota. [/QUOTE]

First of all, in typical snow removal operations the Turfs are about the best choice you could make. Remember, the tractors tires are running in the area that has already been cleaned. Short of studs or chains you will not get better ice traction, or cold weather traction on a hard surface period, than you will with turfs.

As for tire wear, if the machine was run on a hard surface in 4WD, the fronts could be bald in as little as 200 hours.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login