Go Bottom Go Bottom

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
wjsobolewski
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-22          156234

In June, I bought a "gray" Yanmar 1500D tractor. Though the electrical diagram shows a fuse box containing a 5A, 2 -10 A, and a 15 A fuse, the tractor does not have a fuse box. I can only find a 30A inline fuse. This fuse of which is OK. At the same time, the previous owner installed a small push switch. I put in a new push switch. I do not even know what it is used for. The turn signals do not work. I am unable find the cause of the turn signals not to work. Also the horn does not work. The front lights work OK. Does anyone with a 1500D know how I should tackle this problem regarding the turn signals, what the push switch would be used for, and why the horn does not work.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-27          156353

No experience with a Yanmar or JD for that matter. But first are you sure the horn and lights themself are good? If they are then test for ground and power to them. If the push button is one you must hold in, my guess would be horn or glow plugs. Is the previous owner where you could ask on the switch? I would suspect there is a relay in horn or turn signal light circuit. If no relay in the turn signal there certainly is a flasher. kt ....

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
elyeny
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-19          160456

Under the dash there is a small square box, remove the cover pulling out and you can see for blade fuses, to replace you need to loose the screws that hold the fuse in place and insert the new ones.

Hope that help. ....

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-20          160466

The fuse box for my Yanmar was under the dash too, but it was a rats nest. The previous owner screwed the wiring up so bad I simply cut the old fuse box out, and wired in a new one of my own. The previous owner of yours, may have only done the cutting out part. Assuming that to be a reasonable guess, it also explains why the turn signals and horn don't work

The push button might be for the ThermoStart. But it won't work either - if your electrical system is compromised.

//greg// ....

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-02-20          160468

Murray Publishing now has English-language manuals for the 1500. ....

YM1500D wiring

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2009-03-05          160808

I can supply a parts book that has a wiring diagram. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login