Go Bottom Go Bottom

155d knocking

View my Photos
abouttime
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-08          155182

I recently bought a 155d with front loader. The tractor starts and run's well and has the power I would expect. My concern is the amount/volume of knocking. I have read past posts and understand the 2 cylinder diesel is known for knocking but haveing never heard one running before I don't know what is normal. The knock in mine is very consistant maybe a little lighter at higher rpm and seems to quiet slighty when warmed up. Can anyone give me an idea of what normal is. Also I plan to install a oil presure gauge, does any one know the proper oil preasure for this engine? I will be ordering manuals soon,I want to get a list of parts and filters together to order at the same time. Any input would be much appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

155d knocking

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-08          155183

I had the slightly larger two cylinder (YM240/24hp) and it sounded very much as you describe. Had it for years, and considered the sound quite normal. They didn't nickname them Yama-Hammers for nothing !!

//greg// ....

155d knocking

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-09          155190

Abouttime,

There's a discussion board on the net dedicated to Yanmar tractor owners.

Yanmar Owners is a place where owners post information pertaining to every aspect of their engines, transmissions, tires, etc. I've visited the group a few times, and always found it helpful.

I hate to steer you away from this fine group of people, but I see no reason why you couldn't be a member of both groups!

See the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Yanmar Owners

155d knocking

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-07-09          155193

Yes, that's the nature of a normal 2-cyl Yanmar.

Watch the gauge especially at startup, which is when a pressure problem is most likely, to see that the needle immediately starts climbing. Don't rev up or ask any work from the engine until it reaches normal, about 60 psi. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login