Go Bottom Go Bottom

Snow Sticking to Bucket

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-09          152032

Anybody got a way to prevent some snow sticking to the bucket instead of all dumping out?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snow Sticking to Bucket

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-09          152033

Auerbach,

The problem can usually be cured by allowing the bucket to get good and cold before moving any snow. The snow will stick to a warm bucket.

I generally heat my tractor using a Knipco space heater before moving it out of the barn. Once I get the tractor outside, I'll park it near the house and then go have a cup of coffee while the engine warms and the bucket cools off. This works pretty well, so long as the tractor isn't parked in the sun.

Joel ....

Snow Sticking to Bucket

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-03-09          152038

We use a slippery poly sheeting (about 1/8" thick) to line the fronts of snow plows. Works well. You could also use a childs play sled or several--the type you buy rolled up and unroll and sit on to use--usually they're light blue in color. Sheetmetal screws should hold it in. It can be bent using a propane torch and holds it's shape. ....

Snow Sticking to Bucket

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2008-03-10          152048

A fresh coat of paint, and a good coat of wax works extremely well . ....

Snow Sticking to Bucket

View my Photos
Murf

2008-03-10          152050

Any good Ag dealer will sell spray cans of stuff that is intended to coat the insides of combines to allow the material being harvested to slide along better.

Spray it into a fairly warm bucket (or blower) and the snow will slide right out as long as it's not warm sticky stuff that's been really packed in there.

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login