Go Bottom Go Bottom

how to check gray market tractors

View my Photos
honchar1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-08          144453

I have spent hours looking at all your grey market tractor information.How many people can tell me going to a tractor dealer how to do a check on a diesel tractor after looking at the pretty paint.I am sure their are a list of checks to do to see that the tractor you are looking at will give you reasonable service for at least 500- 1000 trouble free hours. I think that with proper care 500- 1000 hours is not unreasonable since you already know that these tractors are used and I am sure only replacement parts that are necessary are replaced.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-08          144455

honchar1,
There may be someone here with a crystal ball but the only way I know to be 100% of no cash out of your pocket for any time is a warranty and then what does it cover and who stands behind it. Even if no cash out of pocket you still can have problems.

I am located across SC from you. You will find some great guys here. Welcome to TP. kt ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-08          144458

Well, if your are "sure" the necessary parts are replaced (and it follows service done too), then it serves that you should have no reservations about buying one.

However, I feel---and I'll be blunt---that is obsurd and not realistic that parts and/or service would be performed before it hits the lot.

Take auto leasing for example. How many people do you know that actually maintain and/or drive their lease cars like they would if they owned them? Very few, if any at all.

Guys I know who sell/sold these machines will tell you they pay very little for the actual machine ($800-$2000) but the cost of shipping hurts profit. Then there is insurance, overhead, profit and taxes. So IMHO where is there room for replacing parts that need to be? Answer: There ain't. And if there is, that money goes in the dealer's pocket, not into a machine. Buyer beware.

And so goes gray-market anything. Many don't know why these machines end up here in the US: the asian governments have laws that declare construction equipment MUST be taken out of service under 2000 hours (I'm told by a gray market dealer). This is so that their country can keep replenishing stock with new machines thereby keeping their industry going. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login