Go Bottom Go Bottom

YM1500 Injection Pump

View my Photos
kptkhome
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-24          140701

I have a YM1500 that is leaking diesel into the crankcase oil (milky color) and blowing diesel smelling oily substance from the pump overflow (?) tube that comes out just above the injection pump and is open to the ground. The discharge occurs when the engine is warm and rpms are up, say greater than 1500 or so. Also have no power, 3pt hydraulics bog the engine down to the point of killing it, etc.

I am guessing I have a problem with the injection pump seals to the point it needs to be rebuilt. How easy is it to rebuild the pump if I wanted to do it myself, or should I pull the pump and take it to a diesel shop? Is the rebuild kit, assuming there is one, available and for how much?

Not terribly mechanically inclined but willing to save a few bucks maybe and get this tractor running again.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

YM1500 Injection Pump

View my Photos
cpdtwo

2007-04-05          141069

TO TAKE IT OFF IS NOT HARD LITTLE TRICKY TO PUT BACK ON .WOULD NOT OPEN. IF YOU DON'T REPLACE EVERYTHING THE SAME THE TIMMING WILL BE WAY OFF,COST TO HAVE SHOP REBUILD AND REPLACE PARTS WAS $325 LAST NOV 2006. ....

YM1500 Injection Pump

View my Photos
funkster

2007-04-06          141081

Are you sure that the place that is leaking the oil isn't the crankcase vent tube. I had problems with low power and burning lots of oil that were caused by really worn rings creating blow by in the cylinders and forceing oil and smoke out that tube. At least that is what I was told was going on. I also would get lots of oil or diesel splatter on my hood and clothes out of the exhaust. To make a long story short, I rebuilt the beast with pistons, rings, liners bearings and rebuilt the head. I've got 40 hours on the rebuild and seems to have solved all my problems. I don't know much about the injector pump and problems associated with it and I'm hoping I don't have to trouble shoot that any time soon. Hope this helps. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login