Go Bottom Go Bottom

thinking of buying Yanmar 1500

View my Photos
monte312
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-30          135585

I'm thinking of buyng a Yanmar 1500 w/ front end loader that has 7 hrs on it since a refurbish ....anything I need to look for ? I can buy this for $4200 ...is this a good price ? Thanks for any info pro's or con's you all might have .

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-30          135587

Can't help you with price but be aware that a "refurb" can be anything from washing the tractor to a complete rebuild. You might find out exactly what was done. ....

View my Photos
monte312

2006-09-30          135591

Most everything from the hose's to bolt on parts look new ...paint and all hose's look new ...this would be our first tractor ...we have 2 acres , culverts and a long driveway to maintain..lots of rock to move and . I was amased at the price of these tractors ...so at $4200 with the bucket seemed reasonable ...probably not a steal but fair . Do you know of anyplace I can find reviews or the good and bad on the tractors ? Thanks for your reply . ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-30          135596

I am not familiar with that exact model. I assume it is 15 horse power...... does it have 4 wheel drive? ....

View my Photos
monte312

2006-09-30          135598

no 4X4 ...it's an 18hp . You know anything about these tractors ? Thanks ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-09-30          135599

My Deere is nothing more than a Yanmar painted green, but it has 24 horses and 4 wheel drive.

I know one thing. When you fill the FEL with dirt you are going to be disappointed in the performance with just 2 wheel drive.

It will push and pull things on level ground pretty well, but it won't pull itself out of a ditch. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-10-01          135603

monte; That deal sounds a bit scary to me. The paint, hoses and belts are easy fixes, I'd be suspicious of a cover up job on a bad tractor. Two wheel drive with a FEL will leave you real dissapointed. You don't have to go new but I think spending a bit more at a dealer for a used 4X4 with a bit of machine history or possibly some warranty in a popular brand, Green, Orange, or Blue would be a better choice. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
deano854

2007-04-14          141315

your first question should be who did the work if it was done here then yeah its ok under power for a bucket i own a 1500 if it was rebuilt over seas run away screaming they rebuild by taking other broken tractors and build one so all the parts are used. i deal with a dealer who rebulds them and sells them as new with a warrenty ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2007-04-14          141316

Would you buy a car that looked like new , had the speedometer turned back to Zero , & the seller says it was completely rebuilt? Would you think they started with a low mileage car in really good condition? I'm familiar with the YM1500. I've sold quite a few. FWD will make it twice the loader tractor, but a 2WD with loader is better than no loader at all. I'd recommend buying from a dealer that has been around awhile. If he says you can get most parts at John Deere, he is either naive or a liar. ....

View my Photos
bvance

2007-04-15          141319

I have a BX 2230 and love it. But agree with others, get something 4X4. I also have 2 acres and do many of the things you want to do and could not do it w/o 4 wheel drive. I even have times when the FEL is not loaded that in 2x4 the back tires spin. When it is in 4X4, FEL loaded or not it rarely spins out.

Brian ....

View my Photos
yan1601

2007-04-15          141322

Hi I bought a YM1601. I looked and looked at tractors, while American is the most popular I opted for Japanese. There are a number of importers that sell these low mile products. the one I have has 550hrs. I paid 7k, came with loader, which was brand new, backblade, which was brand new and a tiller that was used. 3cyl 20hp. 4x4 is a really good machine. Depending on your location I know the dealer in Ohio, Ore. Idaho Cal. they all sell yanmar imported used tractors. I would be happy to direct you to their web site but I have to spell it out, you have to figure out what I am sending, tractor point does not want web sites posted. here goes. www dot best dash used dash tractors dot com let me know how you do. I have seen a 1500 work seems like a nice product the 2 cyl. really thumps chug a chug a chuga best of luck on your purchase ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2007-09-27          146160

First tractor? It can do three jobs for you. If you attach a rope or chain it can pull things, it might impress your neighbors if you park it out front, and it will keep the sun off if you lie under it.

All the other work is done by the attachments. Find a full-service farm-equipment dealer near you and discuss what your present and future uses are, and what implements you'll need, and what kind of tractor would be suitable. Then start looking. Except for the front loader, which is highly useful, you can buy the attachments one at a time, but you'd do better if you can find a package. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login