Go Bottom Go Bottom

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
cpdtwo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-15          130900

HAVE 1500D USED IT YESTERDAY AND IT STOPPED WHILE UNDER LOAD. WHEN I WENT TO START IT TODAY NOTHING. TURNING OVER BUT NOT STARTING. CHECK FILTER,BLEED SYSTEM, CHECKED LINE, IT SEEMS TO HAVE NO PRESSURE IT FUEL SYSTEM. WITH LINES OFF AND CRACKING ONLY SMALL AMOUNT OF FUEL IS PUMPED OUT FROM PUMP. AND NO FUEL SEEMS TO STAY IN FUEL LINE AS IF IT IS LOSSING PRESSURE,SHOULD THE LINE KEEP PRESSURE IN IT? OR IS IT LEAKING BACK OUT WHEN SITTING. DO I NEED A NEW FUEL PUMP?

CPDTWO@MSN.COM

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-15          130902

Did you check all the fuel filters including the one in the tank? ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
cpdtwo

2006-06-15          130906

just got it started , I now find that i'm getting a lot of blow out of thevent tube, dip stick tub ect. is it a blow ring or is it a bad valve and how do i find out which one? also does anyone know where I could get parts I would need. ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
Ym1110d

2006-06-15          130908

Sounds like you need to do a leak down test. ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
cpdtwo

2006-06-15          130922

starded to take the engine if this was a gas auto it would be the rings. did check rings were alright but piston was srarded up real bad as if some metal got into the chamber, there is a metal build up near the top of the sleve thats not normal. the other pisto is like new. the one that was allcut up was hard to get out pass the build up. any idea about what may have caused this??and where is a good place for a piston and rings.all bearing seem in good shape. also a gasket kit for a 1500 ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-16          130933

Their are a few places that stock parts for the Yanmar around the country. lsheaffer is a TP member that has parts in IL.

The list of possible reasons for piston scoring are endless. Is the wrist pin OK? Sounds like the piston was starved for oil. You need to check all the bearing. If one had turned and cut off the oil flow this will occur quickly. ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
cpdtwo

2006-06-16          130935

good oil bearing not burnt. ckecked oil flow with valve cover off and oilwas pumping fine. I have seen pistons blow before and even cut up but this one looked quite different. even at the top of the sleve where you rean it out I never saw a build up of metel on it.the piston almost didn't come out, had hard time on the bad one going past the build up. ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-16          130942

If you have it torn down that far I would replace the bearings. With out seeing first hand it is hard to tell. Can you e-mail pictures of the damage. ....

WILL NOT START

View my Photos
jerryc101

2006-08-26          133705

The only place to buy parts for any Yan Mar is WWW.HOYETRACTOR.COM located in S. OK, but they help with shipping and have every part you will ever need for a YM.
Have a YM2000. and swear by them. fast and reasonable. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login