Go Bottom Go Bottom

yanmar 1610d may buy

View my Photos
donboi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-22          129674

I dont currently own a compact tractor, nor have ever owned one. I feel I could use one on my 5 acres, and am considering a Yanmar 1610d 4x4 with a loader. Are there any problems with reliability or getting parts for this gray market product. I live in BC Canada near the Washington border. This tractor has been reconditioned by Handlers and has a new loader.The price is $9700 Canadian.Is this a good tractor and is the price fair? Parts availability? Thanks Don

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

yanmar 1610d may buy

View my Photos
daniel.b.loyd

2006-05-22          129685

i paid $6500 US for mine with a new box blade,
and a new 5 ft. finish mower and a new loader.
I have had it for 2 months now with no problems. ....

yanmar 1610d may buy

View my Photos
Ym1110d

2006-06-01          130233

1610 is a very, very popular model. All parts should be available. That said, you must be able to spin your own wrenches as dealer service is not available. ....

yanmar 1610d may buy

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-26          146099

For 5 acres, that would work, but a little bigger will work faster. The FEL is the handiest and most costly attachment (for which 4WD is needed) but you'll need other attachments (depending on the work planned), and it's best to get everything in one package. Price is high. Ignore "reconditioned" and focus on a written warranty that includes house-call service or pickup if needed. I order parts from the US way cheaper than from my local Canadian dealer. ....

yanmar 1610d may buy

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-26          146101

Also, get the right tire type. For field work requiring traction, you want ag tread (deep lugs). For mowing a fine lawn, turf tread. For real snow work, or field work with turf tread, you want chains. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login