Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
Philip Acosta
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-16          129442

I have the above tractor. the machine was made by Yanmar for John Deere. It is equipped with a three cylinder Yanmar diesel engine.
My question is where does one get parts for the engine.

My local JD distributor says the engine is obsolete and suggested I try Yanmar web sites.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
US Ag Supply

2006-05-17          129480

We have a number of parts for John Deere 950 engine, what exactly do you need? How may we help you? ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
garybishop

2006-08-14          133292

Do you have a complete engine ready for installation for a JD950? ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-28          146200

Until it becomes an "antique," a properly maintained tractor is designed to keep going decade after decade. You could write to JD head office that unless they support you, you will see a lawyer who specializes in consumer affairs and class actions. The least you require is for them to contact all their dealers in North America asking who has a 950 that they are parting out. ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-28          146202

A legal threat probably won't help and could well lessen any help they might offer. For cars the legal support period is something like 7 years. I doubt that farm equipment has to be supported any longer than that. ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
auerbach

2007-09-28          146204

If the present support is zero, how do you see it becoming lower?

Tillers differ from toasters and tractors differ from cars. Would you buy a new ag tractor knowing that its design life, according to manufacturer support policies, was seven years? ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-09-28          146207

This post is over a year old (May 2006) and we have not heard from him since. ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-28          146210

Rebuilt tractor engines are available from aftermarket suppliers.

Try Bootheel Tractor Parts.

You'll need the engine casting number and engine model number.

Most engines for compact tractors sell for about 3000 dollars. Large engines go for around $10,000.

Joel

Link:   Bootheel Tractor Parts -- Engines for Ford, IH, Case, JD

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-28          146214

The fastest way to get NON-support is to say "Hi, if you don't help me I will sue you". In most businesses where there is no legal obligation that sort of behavior is the fastest way to get ignored. It is not clear that the original poster got no support. He said his JD distributor (which I read as "dealer" ) said the engine is obsolete. He didn't say he contacted JD directly asking for help. He didn't say anyone did a parts search for what he needed. Many dealers wouldn't spend two seconds helping someone in that situation and others would bend over backwards for you. I'm sure a good dealer would help find a solution - unless someone went in with an attitude and threats to file legal action.

And to answer your question, No, I wouldn't expect a company to maintain a parts stock for decades (although it would be nice). However, JD does a better job than most in that regard. ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
auerbach

2007-09-29          146234

I agree, in response to your sensible comments, that threat of legal action should be a last resort.

What does "TP" stand for? ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-09-29          146238

TractorPoint ;) ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
johndeere950

2008-09-06          156520

the local jd dealer told me about the samething and referred me to the yamar dealer ....

John Deere 950 Tractor

View my Photos
bmaverick

2014-10-25          191273

This is an old thread, but there really wasn't a solution yet offered.

There are less than a handful of places to get good complete running engines for the JD/Yanmar machines. Fredricks Import as of 2014/15 gets engines very frequently, restores them fully for restored Yanmar tractors. It is resonable to ask about a crated running engine or for them to just redo your machine. They are in AL with a 5-dealer network across the southeast. 1-year warranty too.

On another tractor forum, there is an Ag parts group that has access to JD/Yanmar salvage engines and rebuilds them a refurbished crated engines. I think the company has the word "cold" in the title. Like coldwater tractor parts or something of that sort.

In western KY, there is the largest tractor salvage yard in North America for Asian Import tractors. That is all they do.

As for JD and Yanmar engine parts or engine rebuilds or restoration projects, I had crated a long list, to help. It's not 100% complete, but as of 2014/15, it's current for this time.

--- clip in ---

If you live in the southeast USA, Fredricks does have a good dealer network to support you. Their 1-year warranty is another plus!

Other than that, there are several areas of support for the Yanmars. All within a days' drive and back or in less time for most of the US population. So, I would concur that support isn't within close reach living in the mid-west.

- Fredricks in AL has 5 dealers in their network. (2 in AL, 2 in GA, LA, and in the north in MN) http://www.fredricksimporting.com/dealer-locator
- Hoye is in TX for all kinds of Yanmar tractor parts. Yanmar Tractor Parts - Shop Online www.hoyetractor.com
- Weaver's is in Shippensburg, PA or at Weaver's Compact Tractor Parts & Compact Tractor Salvage www.compactractorparts.com
- Best-Used-Tractors are in Eugene Oregon, they list many Yanmar tractors, excavators, Japan trucks, etc ... Yanmar Tractors, Yanmar parts, individual Yanmar tractors, containers of Yanmar tractors www.best-used-tractors.com
- Little Miami Trading Company in OH, Yanmar and other Japan tractors. Parts, Service and Implements too! Little Miami Trading Company - Compact Tractors www.lmtcompany.com
- North Central West - NCW Tractor Parts in NV www.ncwtractorparts.com
- Yesterdays Tractors in Port Townsend, WA has parts www.yesterdaystractors.com
- Stevens Tractor Parts - Carries thousands of Yanmar, John Deere, Ford and New Holland parts www.stevenstractor.com/parts/yanmar.html
- TYM Yanmar Gray Dealer in WA www.tractorco.com/tractors/used.html or www.tractorco.com/tractors/packages.html
- South Circle Tractor Sales in LA, Refurbish Yanmar Dealer http://www.southcircletractorsales.c...roductlist.htm
- Broken Tractor LLC in Baton Rouge, LA for YM and FX parts www.brokentractor.com/yanmar_directory.htm
- Tractors on the Creek in Fairview, NC, Dealer They specialize in the Gray Market tractors www.tractorsonthecreek.com/tractors-inv.htm
- All States AG Parts - Yanmar F, FX and YM tractor parts http://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Yanm...rts-s/7116.htm
- Tractor Joe Parts in St. Louis, MO - www.tractorjoe.com/yanmar
- Best Farm Parts in Hernando, MS bestfarmparts.com/yanmar-c-174.html
- Hodges Farm Equipment in Fenton, MI Yanmar parts http://www.hodgesfarmequipment.com
- Stormer Tractors in Wallace, NC - Specializes in Yanmar 3pt htich, Koyker loaders for gray Yanmars and implements http://stormer-tractors.com/yanmar_t...hitch_kits.htm
- My Farm Parts in Richville, NY http://myfarmparts.com/yanmar-c-44
- Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor in IL, http://www.japanesetractorparts.com

This list isn't everything. There are still others out there as gray tractor dealers, parts, service, and add-ons. Don't forget your local John Deere Ag parts counter and service too. Yanmar made tractors for JD from 1979 to 2007. Many parts are cross referenced IF you know the Yanmar engine in the JD tractor. I've been building a long list of the JD to Yanmar data and hoping to post it shortly in the Yahoo Yanmar Groups file section. In a few instances some of the Yanmars were painted JD green without any major changes and sold here in the USA as John Deeres'. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login