Go Bottom Go Bottom

Something I really like and something I don t

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-03-23          194780

I really like it when a person ask a question and post back to let others know the result. Especially when they news is good as they got their issue solved. It helps all.

I do not like it when a person asks for help and they get a good bit of feed back and you realize...they never replied...did it blow up on them? Did they lose the way to the web site? Or found answer quicker elsewhere or what?

That is not just at this web site, they even will treat face to face friends the same.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-03-23          194783

We live in fast times. Some just do not think to follow up. Takes dedication and a desire to help others, it is unfortunate that quality is in scarce supply! ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2016-03-23          194784

The funny thing is, is if one could realize the number of folks that read this thread and said to themselves, "well shoot, did I miss something somewhere?" and research their emails/postings, vs. the (sadly majority that will not even blink about it.

Dennis, are you trying to tell me something (?) ha ha ha, I received four alerts to the post from KT. LOL :-)

Best,
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2016-03-24          194787

One of my staff participatesion another tractor forum.

Yes, believe it or not, there is another one, beats me why though. ;-p

One of his most heard comments about it is the number of replies each post garners, but that the vast majority of them are unrelated, someone saying 'I can't help you but good luck anyway.', or so far out in left field as to be more humorous than helpful.

I think that sort of thing discourages people, especially the new folks.

I've also noticed people tend to search out forums for advice, and if they find 3 or 4 forums and post their query on all of them at the same time.

They rarely go back to all of them afterwards though.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-03-25          194791

I will admit there are times am sure did not post back to thank but try to.

Murf, fully agree with EVERYTHING you said there. It is amusing to read some forums on any topic out there.

BTW, your advice here has been very helpful to solving the problem! Thanks for the advice. lol

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login