Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anybody else not getting updated message posts

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-25          141513

For awhile now I haven't been getting both my posted messages nor updated posts from others (I have to keep checking back in to the board manually to see what has been posted). I checked my "e-mail preferences" and the option is "yes" to receive, but no go.

Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-25          141514

Patience there Jeff.

By the time the message get to the gulf coast looking for you, then hang around under a shade tree for a spell, then wander about asking after you, down a few cold Buds, have a little snooze, then go fishing, then start north after realizing you're not down there any more it takes a while.

But I'm jis' sayin's all ...........

:)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-04-25          141516

Murf, great.

Mr. EW, reading Murf's comments made me wonder, is it the Mafia or the FBI you are moving from. Wait do not answer that for you then would have to move again.

Then I realize you are a snow bird, you live in the snowless South in the winter and the less hot North in the summer. EW is one of the smartest people I know...kt ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-04-25          141522

I don't use that feature so can't tell you if it's working or not, but here's a couple of dumb questions. Did your email address change when you moved? And, if so, did you change it on your profile? Told you they were dumb. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-04-25          141525

KW, don't forget we are discussing EW on this. So type the question real slow. He probably has not return to his normal speed after he brief visit in my sunny, humid, slower paced South. kt :) :)

On the real side, could your internet provider have started using an anti spam program that picks up it as spam? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-25          141536

Naw, nothing has changed on my end---have been using the same wireless web connection (T-Mobile air card) and email address on the same laptop for nearly two years.

Dennis you reading this? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-25          141540

Is everyone else receiving email alerts? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-26          141567

April 2nd was the last one I got. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-26          141569

EW I sent you a regular email to the address that you have in your profile a couple of days ago asking you to reply and I sent it return receipt.

I think you have a problem with either your email account or the address in your profile.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-26          141571

Dennis like I said I haven't changed anything: e-mail address on my profile (just checked it) is good and hasn't changed in nearly two years. And also I did get an e-mail alert going back to April 2, so it was working at one time.

I didn't get your messages you mentioned either. Even looked in "junk mail"...nuthin'

I did send myself an e-mail from my TP profile page and it hasn't gone through to me.

Could your server have something to do with it. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-04-27          141577

FWIW, I still get them regularly - several today as a matter of fact. My vote goes to the spam filter idea, either at your provider or on your PC.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-27          141580

Since you are using a "Hotmail" account it is possible they are blocking mail from us I'll send you three emails ( gmail,yahoo, and TP), let me know which ones you get.

You may need to change to another free email service.

Dennis

View my Photos
Murf

2007-04-27          141583

Dennis, I think Jeff may be onto something.

I had forgotten, I've sent a few emails to people through the site feature recently and none got any response, I now wonder if they even went through.

In the last month or so I've sent emails to (in no particular order) Peters, Chief, DRankin, Kenneth, SG, Jeff, Dennis, Frank, Harvey and Art. If any of you named here are reading this please chime in and let me know if anything was received please.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-27          141588

EW I just looked into this some more. Hotmaill is blocking email from Tractorpoint.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-04-27          141594

Murf, I got email from you telling you were running South for some R & R.

Kenneth Thompson

I cut off that option a while back as my email program did not like the amount of emails I received. MY IP provider has gone to an antispam software that has blocked some valid emails from senders. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-27          141596

Dennis, I still didn''t get any of your three e-mails, nor any e-mail alerts, nor the message I sent myself from TP nor messages from Murf (he SAYS he sends them :) )

Okay if Hotmail is blocking them (which I'm not convinced is the problem because I get all kinds of e-mail from different sources)--how can it be unblocked? I'm just a little (dumb) guy so I don't have the wherewithall to figure that one out.

Has anyone tried sending themselves a message through the TP option? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-27          141601

EW see my previous message, I did not send you the Three messages I mentioned because I found out "for sure" Hotamil is blocking mail from TP to you.

I can tell because I get a bounced email notice on my end.

Dennis

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-27          141603

Dennis so now what?

BTW, remember about a month ago I posted something about my premium membership to you? After the issue was solved I found two or three messages from you after-the-fact in my junk mail, which I deleted. No more messages have ended up in my junk box from you or TP in general since. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-27          141604

Dennis I went into my different settings for MSN Hotmail and found these in my "safe" list: jplan(ampersand)jplan.com and rfu(ampersand)tractorpoint.com

No other options that could have prevented TP stuff had listings in them (they were all empty). ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-04-27          141605

If tractorpoint messages are bouncing back to Dennis, and your profile address is correct, it's a almost definitely a hotmail problem. Dennis can't fix any hotmail issues so you might email their support (such as it is) and ask them why they're bouncing messages from jplan.com. They could easily have blacklisted a block of IP addresses that include Tractorpoint and you'd never see them in your spam box. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-28          141608

KW: What info do I approach MSN Hotmail with to get assistance? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-04-28          141611

I am working with our email abuse group to see if we can get Hotmail to accept our email.

Not sure how long this will take.

If you want a first class free provider I suggest you open a google mail account known as gmail. I use it and it works great.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-04-28          141613

EW, I don't use hotmail but any ISP would need to know your email address and the email address of the sender. If you have an old email from TP maybe you could attach it to your complaint and tell them that you used to get messages from TP (see attached) but they now seem to be blocked by hotmail.

I second Dennis' recommendation of gmail.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-29          141646

Changed my e-mail preference from the profile page to a Yahooo address and still not getting e-mail alerts.

Gmail is next but why can't Yahoo or Hotmail be used? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-04-29          141648

As a check I enabled my email follow-ups and they are arriving here just fine. Doesn't help EW, but the feature generally seems to work as it's supposed to. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-25          142447

The mail situation is a major headache! According to the abuse department Hotmail is now unblocked. At least for the moment. I tested a message yesterday and it went through.

Not to say it won't get blocked real soon. I am working on an alternate ;-(

Dennis ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-05-25          142450

Now that you've resurrected the topic, my email notices stopped coming in a couple of weeks ago. I was getting them just fine when this thread was started, but then all of a sudden they just quit. I figured it was related to reconfiguring on your end. Now I'm wondering if it has to do with my account getting downgraded somehow. Losing premium status for whatever reason may have coincided with the email stoppage.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-28          142527

Hi Greg,

That is interesting!

Your membership wasn't downgraded, the memberships run for a 12 month period and it simply expired, even for honorary expert memberships. If I upgraded you in the past on TP I am happy do it again as is appropriate.

What may have happened is that I have separate code blocks for email alerts for Premium and Regular members. Premium members get the full message, regular members get just a link to the message on TP. I have looked at the code and I don't see a problem.

So help me out. You should get an alert as a regular member from this post. After I send it I am going to upgrade your account. I'll then post another message to this thread after the Premium upgrade.

Please let me know which messages you receive.

Regards,

Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-28          142528

Greg,

OK your account is now Premium. If you only get this message and not the one before the upgrade, I have some code to look at.

Thanks for your help

Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-28          142530

Ok, when I upgraded your account my server sends you an email confirmation. That email was not delivered and bounced back to me with a notice that your mail server is blocking my mail server as it considers it to be a spam site.

Unfortunately, I have may have to migrate to a new server to fix this, which is a big job.

I think a couple of things have happened in the last few months, where much more blocking is going on and will continue. Unfortunately users of shared mail servers such as TP can get blacklisted because of the activities of others.

Dennis

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-05-28          142546

Sorry to be so slow to respond. Logged off. Premium membership was indicated upon logging back on. No email notification, but I see you've already discovered this. Thanks for diggin' into it

The email address I've listed in my profile is an alias, designed to keep spam outa my Inbox. But I've set up the filters to deliver unsolicited email to the Junk mail box instead. In this case, it's obviously not even making it TO my filters, apparently being rejected farther up front in the system. I know it works, as I got an email from Jeff (Earthwrks) at that address just a couple of days ago.

I do have an unlisted address (different provider) but I do not want the address displayed in the profile. If you contact me at my profile address, I'll give you the unlisted address by return email.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-28          142547

I switched back to my hotmail address since I can't access my Yahoo address anymore. May have gotten more email alerts on Yahoo but won't know now. Still don't get alerts with hotmail. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-28          142550

Greg,

TP does not display on any page your TP email address, even when you send a private message, the address is kept in your profile and is only used to send you alerts and private messages.

Our private messages just show your userid not your email address.

EW,

I think we are blacklisted again on Hotmail, I opened a hotmail account, I will check it out later.

The only anonymous mail source we have not had a problem with is Google mail (gmail.com)

Dennis

Dennis ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2007-05-29          142554

Ok, changed email but not profile. You must be blocked by both of my email providers. I'm not talking separate addresses here, I'm talking completely different providers - unrelated domains. Both are fee-based full service providers, so it's not one of the freebie mail service providers in this case.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
dkheckmanl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-29          142555

For the past couple of months I have not gotten any e-mail back from my posts or any follow up posts from others. Also noted that another member tried to e-mail me but I never received it. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-29          142557

My experience for the last month or so has been the same as DKheckmaqn, No E-mail notices about follow up posts, amd I can't E-mail or recieve E-mails from a member????? Frank. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2007-05-29          142563

I'm not getting any email notifications any more... ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-29          142578

Was able to log onto my Yahoo account--I was using wrong password I guess. Was getting e-mail post alerts but that stopped a few ago it appears. This manual checking for posts is for the birds! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-30          142597

"This manual checking for posts is for the birds!"

I quit with the auto notification months ago and much rather check on my own. But this "Gamecock" likes it better that way. kt

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-30          142609

Kenny, "Gamecock"...pleeeeeease tell me that NOT your x-rated MySpace name LOL (I'mmmmm skierred) ....

View my Photos
bvance

2007-06-19          143056

I also do not get any e-mail notifications. Haven't for about 2 months.

I have not changed anything....same computer, same hardware and software firewalls, not changed any configurations, use Comcast.net, same e-mail address....same same.

Brian ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-02-22          151578

Is anyone having problems with the message alert system? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-02-22          151581

Sort of an inverse problem here. I have alert notifications turned off but each time I start a new thread a notification is sent saying that my message was posted. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or not. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-02-22          151584

Yes it is current normal.

The idea is that if there is a problem on the site where the message is not posted, you won't lose all the text you typed, and you should be able to cut and paste it back when the site is up.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login