Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor Loaded Tires Short Weight

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-05          191566

Last year I had my tires loaded with antifreeze on the Foton. I have calcium in the old Ford tires and had to replace a rim cause it ate it up, so I wanted something not corrosive. The other day the temps warmed up and left a moisture line where the cold antifreeze level was and one tire was a third short. The tire place guy says to me how would you know how much is in it, so I told him how I knew. One of the other guys tapped the tire with a mallet and tells the guy they owe me some antifreeze, he didn't like it. Of course they didn't have any and I'm suppose to check back in a couple of weeks. The worker tells me he bet they didn't have enough and put in what they had. I paid for the full load and that's what I expect to get, so I will be checking back.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greyhorse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-11          191604

Might be that you have 3 tires overloaded and one tire right loaded as most fill about 70% with fluid. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-11          191605

The tire thats filled properly is just below the top of the rim. The other tire is only half. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-12-13          191614

If you need a 100% sure check, jack the tire clear that is in question and rotate the valve stem to top and remove the core and slowly rotate the tire till the fluid begins to run out. But the frost or dew line to me is right accurate if both tires are in the shade or sun the same. kt ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-01-24          191912

Most tires I just hit lightly with my knuckles and you can tell when you get to the air! Same as with the mallet but I don't always have one with me. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login