Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
speedwrench
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-12-10          181597

Not sure if this is the right place or not. But I am looking for a set of rims for my 1994 Ford 2120. I have the upgraded tire size (14.9-26) so I am looking for a 12 x 26 rim. The Stealer want's $1073 each...OUCH!!! I have found some "loop" style rims for less than $200. Will these loop style rims bolt to my current centers that bolt to a series of "Z" shaped tabs on my current rim? I have thought about also cutting the "Z" shaped tabs off my old rims and weld them to a blank style 12x26 rim?? Any thoughts?? I have feelers out at every tractor salvage yard I could find....No luck yet:-(

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-12-11          181601

I've found that tire and rim shops and sites aren't good for answering such questions. A bolt template will show if the pattern matches but not if the offset's right.

It's a bit like asking if some other engine will bolt in. Unless you can find someone who's tried it (unlikely, but maybe there's a site for fellow owners where you could ask), the only way is to try it. A rim store might order one on a returnable basis, maybe for a small fee, for a trial fitting. Good luck. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
speedwrench

2011-12-11          181602

You hit the nail on the head. Every rim store I have talked to does not really know. That is why I am posting my question in eveery tractor forum I can think of. I figure I am not the only guy to need to replace these rims on a Ford 2120. There has to be a source for the "Z" tab (if that is the correct name for them) style rim somewhere. This style rim is on just about every Japanese made tractor out there. My John Deere 950 has the same style of rim also. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
earthwks

2011-12-11          181607

Try gemplers.com . They offer custom made rims too. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-12-11          181609

I wanted to get salvage snow rims for my 1990 Isuzu PU with original factory 14" rims (and tires). Well, there don't seem to be any 14" 6-bolt rims in Canada (it was imported from the US). I'd go with 15" ones but nobody has a listing for it. How about rims from relatively more popular Isuzus like the Trooper or Rodeo? Nobody knows if they'll fit.

So I wanted to find what the technical designation was for a rim that would fit (so I could call yards and ask if they have a set of JBX6-15 or whatever). Apparently there's no such standard. You'd think that for such an important and easily-switched component as vehicle rims, there'd be some form of universal nomenclature. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
Murf

2011-12-12          181611

For passenger vehicles finding rim sizes is about as simple as gravity.

Go to one of the big online tire shops like Tire Rack or 1010 Tires and go use their database as if you were ordering new wheels for your buggy.

It shows that a 1990 Isuzu P/U needs rims that are;

Offset: 00mm
Backspacing: 4.44"
Bolt Pattern: 6 x 139mm

Best of luck. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-14          181639

Well, I've had my issues with gravity.

Thanks so much. I started with TireRack but they didn't alert me to their listings, and wanted to sell me a package. So I'll look for other vehicles that came with the same-spec rims, and see if their take-offs are available. (Finding tires to fit whatever rims isn't a problem.)

What's backspacing? ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
earthwks

2011-12-14          181640

Backspacing is the measured distance 90 degrees from the back surface of the rim where it touches the rotor or brake drum to the rim outside edge or ridge. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
Murf

2011-12-14          181643

I can relate with the gravity thing as a pilot, in fact there's an old flying joke that goes "There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks.".

I'm not sure what rims you're looking for but would be only too happy to help if you give me the particulars, year, make, model, etc.

Glad Jeff covered back-spacing, some folks call it offset, either way it's just a description of the relationship between the inside of the rim and the face of the hub. If it's wrong you can get into issues like the rim rubbing on the brake caliper.

Best of luck. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-14          181646

"... happy to help if you give me the particulars ...."

Well thanks again, Murf. Any used rims that will go on my Isuzu. Looking for Isuzu takeoffs is futile as they weren't sold much here. Salvage yards list rims by what they came off, so I want to know what reasonably common models' (of any make) rims would fit.

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
speedwrench

2011-12-14          181650

Has my thread been hijacked? I will let ya'll know the status when my rims arrive. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-14          181653

I hijacked it -- didn't mean to -- sorry. Let us know. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
speedwrench

2011-12-15          181658

Just bust'n your chops! I ordered used rims yesterday from SSB Tractor. Frank at ssb was very helpful. I will post an update when they arrive. The cost was $350 each, but a far cry better than $1073 each from the Stealer or dealer. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-15          181659

Glad to hear it; they have a good website that I feel guilty about for using it without buying anything, (Not as guilty, of course, as for hijacking a thread.) ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
Murf

2011-12-15          181661

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 181646
"... happy to help if you give me the particulars ...."Well thanks again, Murf. Any used rims that will go on my Isuzu. Looking for Isuzu takeoffs is futile as they weren't sold much here. Salvage yards list rims by what they came off, so I want to know what reasonably common models' (of any make) rims would fit.
Well, now that we're not in the dog-house for hijacking the thread...... ;)

My comment above was;

"...... a 1990 Isuzu P/U needs rims that are;

Offset: 00mm
Backspacing: 4.44"
Bolt Pattern: 6 x 139mm"

Those are the rims you need for your Isuzu. It's a pretty common size for full size Chevy's and I think Toyota used the same wheels on their p/u's and 4runners and stuff.

Best of luck.

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-15          181664

That's what I needed; I'll let you know. Thanks to both of you! ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
speedwrench

2011-12-15          181666

Received my brand new used rims today. Not a bad turn around, ordered them 8:00 AM yesterday and received them 1:00 PM today. They are in good shape just some minor surface rust. Nothing that a wire wheel and a little paint could't fix. Now just to get them on. My buddy does tires on the side after work, so I need to pick up a couple of cases of beer and load the trailer and head to his house when he has time. I think I am going to leave the fliud out of them, or at least see how it does with out it. I will still have 2 sets of wheel weights on. If I need more weight I know there is something besides calcium to use so iy wont rust the rims out. That may be a new thread! ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-12-16          181668

Based on my experience, you can use calcium (which I read is heavier than the alternatives) if you install tubes on which the valves are corrosion-proof. (After 25 years one of my valves had a slow leak that ate through the metal valve cap. A plastic one solved that.)

I saw a thread someplace about how to fill them yourself. Fill to around the top of the rim. ....

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
Cyrus55

2012-02-21          182497

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwrench | view 181597
Not sure if this is the right place or not.But I am looking for a set of rims for my 1994 Ford 2120.I have the upgraded tire size (14.9-26) so I am looking for a 12 x 26 rim.The Stealer want's $1073 each...OUCH!!!I have found some "loop" style rims for less than $200.Will these loop style rims bolt to my current centers that bolt to a series of "Z" shaped tabs on my current rim?I have thought about also cutting the "Z" shaped tabs off my old rims and weld them to a blank style 12x26 rim??Any thoughts??I have feelers out at every tractor salvage yard I could find....No luck yet:-(
Take your current rims off the center piece, take the center piece with you to a tractor junk yard. That way you can check the hole match up. Now, the bad news, most of the 26 inch tires were on combines and I don't think your center bolt holes will match any of those for the whole wheel/rim combo. Some AC used 26, but they were probably slide out rims, or maybe the Z you talking about is just that. If so, AC D14 and D15's used them in 26 inch rims. Unfortunately, many AC's used Calcium chloride for weight and they ate a lot of rims.
I don't remember where the junk yards are in your area, if I ever did know. I'd go to Sikeston, MO. They have 4 or more right near DeWitt Auction. They also have combine salvage. Any of those salvage yards have locations all around the country and might be able to help with one of those.

Ford 2120 Rear Rims

View my Photos
Cyrus55

2012-02-21          182500

According to the specs page and pictures, your tractor was supposed to have 24 inch rims.
Does that mean you do NOT have any 26 inch rims at the moment?
I am going to recommend you go to a tractor junk yard. I believe some of the front wheel assist tractors use 26 inch rims on the front and they are also, POSSIBLY, the 6 bolt pattern you seek. I've seen, mostly JD, sell at Sikeston, MO auction. The tires are worn out on them and they are full of ballast, but it is probably NOT calcium chloride, but some safer, for the rim, chemical. I suspect many brands use the same rim for front wheel assist. There are also several tractor junk yards in Sikeston, so you could make a day of it. Take one of your wheel centers with you to confirm they will fit. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login