Go Bottom Go Bottom

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-07          112042

I didn't see a safety forum or I missed it so this seemed to be the closest fit.

Since I have begun looking at used tractors for the anticipated brushing hogging that I have in store for me at the ranch; I have come to find that nearly all or the vast majority of older model tractors do not come equipped with at ROPS and seatbelts. This is an ABSOLUTE MUST in my opinion.

When I had my Kubota L245, I discovered that Kubota has a ROPS retro-fit kit program but none of the other manufacturers seem to.

Does anyone know of or could they provide a link to a manufacturer or company who sells ROPS retro-fit kits for various machines? I am sure I am not the only one who has considered this issue and there must be a demand for them out there somewhere?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-07          112043

I don't see the big deal here. If you want a ROPS and a seat belt and no one offers it, build it/have it built. It would probably be cheaper anyway. ....

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
harvey

2005-06-07          112044

There was a discussion on this a couple of months ago.

Many older tractors had a optional canapy system that resembled a rops.

Good luck in your quest especially for someone to build it and stand behind it. ....

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
BillMullens

2005-06-07          112048

All of the ones I've seen are home-built or fabricated by a welding shop.

This has an address near the bottom for a booklet that is supposed to have more information about retrofitting ROPS and other rollover info. Maybe worth a try.

Good luck,
Bill ....

Link:   Rollovers

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
Chief

2005-06-07          112049

I got this link from a couple of sharp guys on another website. I thought I would share the knowledge in case anyone else had a question about this issue. Hope this helps someone that does not have a ROPS and did not realize they were available. ....

Link:   ROPS Retro-fit Guide

ROPS Retro-Fit Kits

View my Photos
muddy2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-06          130512

Try Hercules ROPS. They provide certified retrofit ROPS for many brands and models. They have a distributor in the USA. Website link is below. ....

Link:   Hercules ROPS Website

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login