hd5h
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-16          98552

i am looking for an international 966 to buy i am wanting to build to pull

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

looking for tractor to build for pulling

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-17          98574

How far are you looking to go with pulling? There are used ones out there already built to different classes. The 966 chassis is a good one as the 400 series diesel engine has many parts available thru Hypermax which is owned by the original designer of the engine who at the time worked for IH. ....

View my Photos
77simplicity
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-21          123211

I would go for a cub cadet 107 if you want to do upgrades which you probably would have too. I got my car stuck in the mud before and i pulled it out no problem with the cub. Yeah this is a smaller international but dont be misjudged by its size it is a good tractor for pulling. But if you want to steer clear of hydrostatic rear ends dont buy this tractor i dont know what the rules are for pulling since i never did it. But this is a pretty strong tractor i can safely say that because i own one its only got a 10 horse kohler though but thats stock. This perticular tractor is from 1972. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-22          123215

I think that the tractor he is looking for is a 6 cylinder desiel 400ci and has 100 pto hp. But I may be mistaken ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login