Instrument gauges for JD: Tractor Projects  -- General Tractor Discussion Forum and Review Instrument gauges for JD: Tractor Projects -- General Tractor Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Projects Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 12-23-2000, 20:17 Post: 22746
Scott S.

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Instrument gauges for JD

I love my JD4100, but it'd be nice to have some instrumentation on it to let me keep an eye on things. Does anyone know if you can get temp and pressure gauges, either JD or aftermarket stuff, for the 4xxx series? Or will automotive type work? Thanks all. Scott in New Hampshire.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

12-25-2000, 10:43 Post: 22803
Dave Wells

Filter by User
 Instrument gauges for JD

Scott:
I bought a set of 3 Auto guages (Oil Pressure, Water Temp, and Battery Charge) from Walmart that I plan to install on my JD 4100Hydro. The gauges came in a mounting bracket, but they are removeable from the bracket, and I plan to install them in that dark plastic strip at the top of the instrument panel (at the edge of the hood), right in the center of it. That will make them easily seen through the steering wheel. The set of gauges were $19.99, which was cheaper than buying them individually. They're nice and small, are about 1-1/2" diameter, and should fit in that strip - I've already looked underneath to make sure nothing is in the way. After I research it further, if it looks problematic then I'll just leave them in the bracket and mount the bracket somewhere, but it should work out the way I anticipate. Email me (DavidLeeWells@Hotmail.com) and I'll send you a pic of the gauges.

12-25-2000, 10:44 Post: 22804
Dave Wells

Filter by User
 Instrument gauges for JD

Scott:
I bought a set of 3 Auto guages (Oil Pressure, Water Temp, and Battery Charge) from Walmart that I plan to install on my JD 4100Hydro. The gauges came in a mounting bracket, but they are removeable from the bracket, and I plan to install them in that dark plastic strip at the top of the instrument panel (at the edge of the hood), right in the center of it. That will make them easily seen through the steering wheel. The set of gauges were $19.99, which was cheaper than buying them individually. They're nice and small, are about 1-1/2" diameter, and should fit in that strip - I've already looked underneath to make sure nothing is in the way. After I research it further, if it looks problematic then I'll just leave them in the bracket and mount the bracket somewhere, but it should work out the way I anticipate. Email me (DavidLeeWells@Hotmail.com) and I'll send you a pic of the gauges.

12-25-2000, 21:55 Post: 22817
Roger L.

Instrument gauges for JD

I mounted a very similar $20.00 three gauge set on my Yanmar and they have worked fine for 10 years. In fact, I was repacing 3 independent VDO gauges I installed on the first go-around. They worked, but the cost!....ouch...I don't even want to remember. VDO's rubber mounting bezel alone cost close to $100.00. But the VDO couldn't stand the vibration and shook apart.. The $20 dollar subminiature set are better qualitiy in every way. As near as I can tell they are just as accurate. Probably more so since they are not falling apart.
I mounted the temp and pressure senders in a threaded brass "T" screwed into the block so that I could have both the original warning lights and the gauges too.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Projects Forum

Thread 22746 Filter by Poster:
Dave Wells 2 | Roger L. 1 | Scott S. 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Hydraulic Top Link
+ Digging farm pond
+ Info on Honda 6522 Compact Tractor
+ Magnatrac Crawler Review
+ Farm Bridge over seasonal creek
+ Home made cab
+ Calculating hydraulic tonnage rating
+ Cub Cadet Lo-Boy 185
+ Temporary patch to hydraulic line?