Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hurricane Sandy

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-29          185336

Pray all of you are safe and see little damage. Are you seeing seat time due to Sandy?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hurricane Sandy

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-10-30          185340

Not too long ago on the History or weather channel, I don't remember which for sure but they had a series of shows called "It could happen tomorrow". One of them was about a hurricane going up the east coast to New York, the real thing seems to be turning out just about as they had it predicted on that show.
The local news this morning told how many crews from Iowa were on their way to help out, Red Cross, crews and utility crews. I'm sure they are coming from all over to help out.
Thbe Iowa tornados can be bad but at least they are over in five minutes.

Frank. ....

Hurricane Sandy

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-30          185341

Power went out last night, wind damaged Directv satellite dish, some roof shingles blown off. Sounded like doors were going to be blown out from wind pressure.

Now running generator in improvised tarp tent I put up in prep for outage. My electric utility has 90% outage in 13 counties so the restore time will be low. I think I will also have problems getting gas for generator as stations are probably in same boat. I only have gas for two days, and may be forced to ration that..... ugh! ....

Hurricane Sandy

View my Photos
Murf

2012-10-30          185345

The good lady, Deputy Dog, and I decided to ride out the storm in what we consider "comfort". We headed up to our place at the lake for a few days.

We spent an exceptionally pleasant evening playing cribbage and sharing a bottle of wine while a Sheppards Pie baked in the oven and a fire crackled.

After dinner and a movie we said a few prayers for our family & friends then retired to bed & listened to the storm.

It must've done some good, the worst anyone suffered was a wet basement.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login