Go Bottom Go Bottom

Buzz in the Bucket - New Pix by buzzlight

View my Photos
buzzlight
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-24          150689

buzzlight has posted a new photo.

Subject: .

Description:

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-25          150703

Ah, another lovely summer day in Manitoba...... ;) ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-01-25          150704

When I first looked at this pix my old eyes saw logs in the bucket, and I wondered why are they being dumped in the snow pile? Now that I have had coffee I see that its perhaps Buzz himself in the bucket ;) Hmmmmm another case of operator error;)

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-26          150749

Kewl pix!

Not to throw a wet blanket on things though--PLEASE---NEVER RIDE in bucket, especially children! Reminds me of how at 10-years old how I got a broken rib in my back and was bedridden for two days, as was my younger brother who was injured too. We were riding in dads old Hough front loader bucket filling potholes in the driveway when the front wheels dropped into a large hole and then came up so quickly that it bent me backward over the top of the bucket, and caught my brother across the shoulders snapping his head back. To this day-- 35 years later-- I have major back problems and arthritis, and a rib that pops from time to time with excruciating pain.

I will say it again: Never let kids or even adults ride in or on a bucket! One split second can affect a lifetime. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-01-26          150751

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 150749
..... We were riding in dads old Hough front loader bucket ....when the front wheels dropped into a large hole and then came up so quickly that it bent me backward over the top of the bucket, and caught my brother across the shoulders snapping his head back.

You are so lucky that no one was killed!

Glad you made it, and now we know why you are the way you are ;)

I'm jis saying is all! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-26          150753

Yeah, I see what yer sayin buuuut... I did not hit my head. (Or maybe I did but do not remember ;P) ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-26          150754

Dennis:
On the subject of how I am (whadeverTHATmeans)

(quote) will beat out a wheel barrel and a hand mower any day. (unquote)

I found the above in your TP intro--you know, what the WORLD sees LOL--toward the bottom.

Question: WHAT the heck is a wheel barrel--is that the precursor to the wheel BARROW--sheesh! Just some trivia--the name wheel barrow has its roots in the spanish equiv. of a wheeled donkey or burrow---hence wheel burrow or more correctly a wheel barrow.

But not a wheel barrel hahahahaha

I am jis sayin (editors note: the punctuation keys on my puter are broken)

View my Photos
buzzlight

2008-01-26          150757

Tractor wasn't running...
Actually I used the self timer on the camera cuz nobody was around, and then nearly killed myself running up the snow hill to jump in the bucket! That was deadly enough, don't worry, nobody will ride the bucket. My camera wasn't too happy about sitting in the snow either.
But thanks for the warning, because I know the kids will ask! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-01-26          150758

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 150754
Dennis: On the subject of how I am (whadeverTHATmeans)(quote) will beat out a wheel barrel and a hand mower any day. (unquote)......

EW, furst I's luvs ya, butt unlike yurself, I 's neevr happin ta be tossed outta da Bouquet on the lodder since I got un. So mine mustakes ar jis mine and nune otters! I thunk dat yar un smurt fellah EW, and I mayin offer yar twa jab a eddetor gen'. Haw bout dat !

Purhapps yoiu cun spulh ckek me writtin u mught needds a kopy twere ma fiend Mark Twain ta cyphur dis out dow!

Seriously, thanks I will fix that right now !

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-26          150759

Kewl! Can you afford me though (question mark)

Anywho...Buzz...I have ANOTHER story like your last one--and YUP I got hurt again. I was on a winter offroad trip in a state park off road area. Brought a buddy with me. Parked my truck in a deeply rutted 2-track facing down into a deep, ice-covered ravine. Seeing a photo op, I squeezed between the open truck door and the trail embankment, slid down the ravine, up the other side, and took the pix. On the way down I slid too fast, one leg ended up under me as I flopped down on it. Long story short, broke my ankle in 3 places.

And for another time... I have a story about getting my hand wrapped around the Farm-All PTO at age 14 too...
Signed,
Lefty ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-01-26          150766

All rides in FEL buckets are not bad. I have a friend who gave another a ride in his (really only picked her up in it). She got scared and jumped breaking I think it was both ankels. Still has walks stiff or did at least 10 years latter. How did it work out good for her, oh the several hundred dollar settlement by his insurance company. Paid for her a new house, auto and a child's house and.. kt

EW, the part about banging your head, the shaking of the brain has killed small children, so you may be half shaken. :)

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-27          150786

Trust me Kenny, I have never been in so much pain as that day in the loader bucket. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-27          150788

Kenny I reread the post about your friend lifting the girl up in the bucket. I did something similar with buddys dog. He always wants to be with me. One day I had the buddys two young girls up on my 40-foot manlift which they like--cheap thrill. They got off and the dog wanted on. He jumps on and we went up about 10 feet and he freaked out. I lowered it and he shot off. Now, when I am on it and call him he bolts the other way. My buddy must be related to the dog though. He asked me to check out his roof on the house so I raised him up about 12 feet and he started crying and says LET ME DOWN P-L-E-A-S-E! I am laughing and he is crying more, so I tell him his girls go almost 4 times that high. He was not in the mood to be impressed with his kids abilities---ROGLMAO! So, I put him down.

Franky, just so you do not have to ask a younger family member and lower your coolness factor (hahaha)--like a first-grader for example, ROGLMAO means: Rolling On the Ground Laughing My A___ Off. tehehehehe ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login