Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Drake
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-15          86098

I'm looking at loaders for my Kubota 4300DT. Comparing the Woods 1016 to the Kubota LA681 with a 66" bucket. Are there any pros/cons to one or the other? Any known problems, etc.?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-15          86102

Get the Kubota, no question as to the warrantee and who should know where and how to attach to the tractor then the people who designed it! They also know how much weight an axle they designed can handle safely without sacraficing longevity. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Drake

2004-05-15          86103

Art,

Thanks for your input however both manufactures have a 1year warrantee. When I look at the specs of the Woods vs. Kubota and Woods appears to have more "Heavy duty" build in all categories plus $500 cheaper in price. I'm looking for some real life experience or technical info to help guide me in making the right choice.

Thanks
Drake

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Drake

2004-05-15          86104

Art,

Thanks for your input however both manufactures have a 1year warrantee. When I look at the specs of the Woods vs. Kubota and Woods appears to have more "Heavy duty" build in all categories plus $500 cheaper in price. I'm looking for some real life experience or technical info to help guide me in making the right choice.

Thanks
Drake

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-16          86169

stay with kubota woods loaders may say they are "rated" for more weight than the kubota but last time i checked woods did not make the tractor so what gives them the right to put more weight and stress on in. Kubouta designed it and the loader and spend millions on r&d to find the right loader. Woods one loader for many tractors. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-05-24          86755

Very interesting....I just called my Kubota dealer, looking for a price and availabilty of a LA681 loader for an L3710
I would like to buy. The dealer called his disti, and he says that Kubota has none, buy may make more by July. $4375 + 8.25% tax. :-( He sells a lot of Woods equipment and offers the same loader mentioned here (1016) for $3800. It sure seems like Kubota mounts their loaders more securely to the frame, and the mechanics in the back say the Kubota is better than any after-mkt. They stopped selling SMCs. $4400 is out of this world, but I want Kubota. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
jkjordan

2004-05-25          86833

>both manufactures have a 1year warrantee.

I think the issue is with the warranty on the tractor, not on the loader.

There are two Kubota dealers near here. One sells Woods loaders and claims there is no problem with the warranty and promises to take care of any problem at the dealer. They will order a Kubota loader if the customer really wants one.

The other dealer sells only Kubota loaders and claims that if a non-Kubota loader is mounted, Kubota may not warranty problems that could be attributed to the loader, such as cracked frame. They will not mount a non-Kubota loader on a new tractor.

I decided to go with the second dealer for some other reasons and bought the a 3830 with the LA723 loader. Both have worked well.

JKJ ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-27          86988

We don't do a lot as far as a rental goes but a freind does. Using his remarks as I feel if he has 30 rental units available he has more experience then I do. He told me he had both the Cadet's as well as Kubota's that broke when he saved those dollars in purchasing for his rental fleet by going aftermarket. He did have tractors coming back in with chassis problems with the aftermarket additions and he as had no problems since he stays with the Kubota's line. You could buy an aftermarket and not have any problems, or you might spend thousands to save 500? ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-05-27          87016

I have seen a number of loaders where the front support does little more than rest on a support point, which allows
some wiggle room during operation. I have had several JD 70A loaders with an interesting quick attach feature in the front, but they are a little loose, so the support tends to mushroom over time. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-27          87023

It makes sense to go with aftermarket products for some 3-point implements, but for a loader or a hoe, you have to stick with the OEM products. The loading of the tractor frame and drive train components is so important that aftermarket products could cause serious problems. If your tractor is under warranty, you almost have to stay with the OEM for loaders and hoes. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-05-27          87038

I am sure that after-market loaders COULD be as good or better than OEM, especially if they are adequately engineered. It is not what I have seen, but I am keeping an open mind.

Backhoes are a different story, however. Note that many CUT manufacturers were selling after market hoes as their own, e.g. until recently Kubota's mid-sized CUT backhoe was made by Woods, their 7500. A good machine, but not the best. Most hoes marketed by orange, green, or blue are very good (and very expensive). Don't assume they make 'em. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-27          87040

You also can't assume that backhoes from an aftermarket manufacturer are identical to OEM backhoes even if the aftermarket manufacturer makes both. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
oneace

2004-05-27          87045

I agree to most extent. On our cuts we will install nothing but oem loaders or any back hoes with a sub frame. But mostly like 95% of the back hoes we sell on new tractors are oem. On our larger tractors though we have found that one aftermarket company builds a loader that is rated equal to our oem but has a stronger frame as well as frame connectors, there for we tend to push those more than the oem loader. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-05-27          87068

Oneace, what brand is the after-mkt loader, and what is it being compared to? ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
oneace

2004-05-28          87126

alo nh loaders which are not made by nh but by many different manufacturers that i off hand do not know who they are. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
bigtractor

2004-05-29          87180

I install both OEM and the Woods on new units. I must admit Woods actually fits better with less adjustment, comes with the correct plumbing, and is better built.

My 2 cents worth,
Dave ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-06-29          89691

no matter whos loader you get,be SURE to get the quick attach,,(same as a bobcat) It makes life wonderful,,I did on my NH tc45,,anything that fits a Bobcat fits mine(it was $400 extra) ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-06-29          89692

no matter whos loader you get,be SURE to get the quick attach,,(same as a bobcat) It makes life wonderful,,I did on my NH tc45,,anything that fits a Bobcat fits mine(it was $400 extra)be sure,,I ment, the quick attach on the bucket,,all loaders,,I think, are now quick attach ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-06-29          89696

Re the QA setup for your NH.... I am considering adapting my JD with the Bobcat style QA. Seems most of the current CUT manufacturers are offering their own style QA with their loaders. Obviously not compatible with all the Bobcat attachments out there. Where did you buy your
loader-side QA adapter?

BTW, I wonder why CUT owners don't mount backhoes on their
Bobcat-style QA-adapted loader. Easy on and off, no risk of frame damage, no need for subframe. Any ideas? ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-30          89708

Backhoes on the three point are far stronger then a loader frame or the supports could ever withstand. The unit sits to far out to be able to have any strength. Visibility might also enter in to play here as I've run units on skid steers that are hard to see from the seat. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
dfkrug

2004-06-30          89738

I am not talking about those cheesy "backhoes" made for skidsteers that are only a boom and bucket, operated from the SS driver's seat. I am referring to real hoe attachments with their own seats. As for the strength of a CUT front loader, they seem to be designed to take quite a bit of stress, and both 3pt and subframe rear mounts usually hang a hoe pretty far out back. Note that the real hoes used on skid steers are just mounted to their loaders. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
oneace

2004-06-30          89748

The "real" hoes also have a sub fame on ssl so that the boom stays still. a hoe with out this on a ssl WILL damage the QA, pins and possible the entire boom over time. Plus ssl are designed to lift a hell of a lot more then a cut. More than likely if you put one of those on the front of your cut you would break some think in no time at all. Then you are sol because no warranty will cover it. I STRONGLY suggest as a cut tech that no one ever attempt to do this the consequences could be very sever. ....

Woods vs Kubota Loaders

View my Photos
JParker

2004-06-30          89769

I wanted a 4-in-1 bucket to handle brush work. The local Kubota dealer ordered a Kubota Loader with a W R Long bucket.

I asked about a quick attach on the bucket, but he didn't like the idea. Said it added weight and extended the bucket forward. Anyway the entire loader is a semi quick attach.

Seems to work OK, any opinions on the combo? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login