NH 7308 Loader: Loaders  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review NH 7308 Loader: Loaders -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 03-11-2003, 20:50 Post: 50998
J28s
2003-03-11 20:50:41
 NH 7308 Loader

Have a NH TC33D & NH 7308 FEL. Has anyone taken off the FEL? If so, how long does it take to do it and put it back on. Trying to figure out if it's worth taking off to bush hog and do other things when I don't need it, then put it back on when I do.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

03-12-2003, 23:15 Post: 51066
sweetbrier

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

I have a tc40 with the 7308 loader and it took me all of 5 min to get it off and move .. it was so easy .....just try it ..make sure on are level ground and putting it on is easy too....

03-26-2003, 05:58 Post: 51887
drcjv.

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

I also have a 33D when I rake my driveway or do anything in tight areas I take off the loader. It is very quick and easy (remmember to move the control lever in all directions before disconnecting the hydro lines or they will be under pressure when disconnected and it will be very hard to reconnect them). I think the tractor and loader are great. Some people on this board tend to think after market loaders are better. I have had no problems with the 7308 and after tweeking the valve It has lifted 2016lbs with no problem. The only thing I would change on the tractor is it would benefit from some type of grill gaurd, the sloping front end is vunerable when doing loader work. NH does not list a gaurd for the 33 and the one for the 35 will not fit with the loader on.

03-26-2003, 20:44 Post: 51949
sweetbrier

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

So tell me how did you tweek the 7308 fel to pick up so much mine will barely pick up 800 lbs I thought it was kinda wimpy....

03-27-2003, 05:25 Post: 51958
drcjv.

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

I also thought mine was weak too, so I had the dealer come out and check the valve settings and as I thought they were off. If I remmember correctly it was supposed to be 2100-+75 psi mine was at 1800 psi I talked the mechanic into setting at 2400 psi. Now it is an animal I have actually wieghed and lifted 2016lbs and I'm sure it would have lifted more but, I could not fit any more in the bucket. I know this sounds great but, it actually took the mechanic several trips and alot of talking on my part to convince him to do it. I think if you really understand the way the valves work and have all the proper fittings and gauges to check you could do this yourself. I wanted the dealer to do it for warranty purposes.

03-27-2003, 05:59 Post: 51961
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

I remember a comment a few years back on another board. The guy said once or twice a year he lifts the front wheels off the ground with the loader and then inspects welded joints for cracks. Weight on the loader spreads cracks that can't otherwise be seen. Warranty or not, that seems like a good idea here.

There was a discussion here not long ago from a person with a small Ford where welds on a frame cross member broke off. The problem was noticed after heavy-loader work. It's also good to go very slow with heavy loader loads. Stories are around where tractors have been broken on bumpy roads from the combination of heavy loader loads and the 3ph ballast needed to keep the rear down.

It's good to have the extra capacity, but the possible consequences should be recognized. Not everybody who reads these discussion is likely to be up on these things.

03-27-2003, 14:03 Post: 51995
AC5ZO

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

Increasing the FEL capacity (beyond spec) would expose the dealer to every liability lawyer in the county. I am certain that the 800# limit has a lot to do with the stability at high lifting on the lighter framed tractors.

I can't exactly work out how increasing pressure from 1800 psi to 2400 psi (+33%) could yield a load increase from 800 to 2000# (+150%). A 33% increase in pressure gives you 33% increase in lifting capacity. To do better than that, you have to change cylinders.

Loaders specify breakout and load capacity. Breakout load is much higher, because it is down low and uses the best leverage. Load capacity is what you can safely handle with the tractor/FEL combination.

I bought a TC45 and 16L FEL to get the capacity to move one ton loads. When moving heavy loads there is no substitute for heavy metal beneath it. Trying to do so will subject the lighter loader frame and lighter tractor to extraordinary loads and be unsafe.

03-28-2003, 05:45 Post: 52037
drcjv.

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

AC5ZO I am not an expert, but I do know that all the experts that I have talked to Dealers, mechanics ect.. have told me that 600lbs psi increase is huge and that the increase in lifting capacity is not proportional but exponential thus a 33% increase in valve pressure yeilds much more than a 33% increase in lifting capacity. You may be correct about liability but the mechanic still changed the setting his boss may or may not know that he did it. With the right fittings and gauge this change could easily be done. As far as lifting heavy loads I don't lift over 2000 lbs loads on a regular basis, when I lifted the 2016lbs I was just testing the new setting capacity. Since then I have lifted many loads over 800lbs and it is great to know my little machine can lift over 2000lbs if I need it. When It comes to safty common sence is always important I never said you should change the settings lift 2000lbs to the highest level and go down a bumpy road in high range as fast as possible. It's great that your 45 works for you, but it was too big for what I needed so now I have the best of both worlds smaller tractor for getting into tight spots as well as 1 ton lifting capacity.

03-28-2003, 07:21 Post: 52048
E9-livin

NH 7308 Loader

I think I would be concerned with the hoses and cylinders being subject to much more stress and pressure than designed for. You may be asking for trouble and not know it. The hoses or cylinders could be weakend from the higher loads and pressures and fail at the recommended working limits when you least expect it. New Holland limited the lift capacity for reasons not always obvious to us as the users.

03-28-2003, 07:34 Post: 52053
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 NH 7308 Loader

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that the lift capacity increase would be the pressure increase times the ratio of the input to output cylinder diameters (a little tough to figure the input diameter on a gear pump though).

I ducked AC's subject of liability although I thought about it. Although the probability of an accident probably is extremely small, there's probably also a high probability of catastrophic results in most occurrences.

There's a good chance that if there were an accident that resulted in injury an insurance company would deny claims for medical costs. After all my insurance broker told me once that insurance is to cover accidents and something that can be reasonably foreseen isn't an accident. In such a case the only alternative would be to sue the insurance company, and also the mechanic, dealer and probably NH in a separate suit. Such is the nature of shotgun litigation. Damage settlements are typically made on the basis of ability to pay, so everybody and everything is sight is sued in hopes of finding somebody with money that a judge decides bears some small percent of the responsibility. Sounds like a nightmare and the whole thing probably would be better at producing lawyer fees than for paying medical bills. Much of modern times is neither of my making nor my choosing.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Thread 50998 Filter by Poster:
AC5ZO 7 | BUSBOY 1 | drcjv. 6 | E9-livin 1 | J28s 1 | sweetbrier 2 | TomG 5 |

Most Viewed

+ Front End Loader for Honda 5518 Multi-Purpose Trac
+ 7108 Loader
+ Problem Connecting Hydraulic Hoses
+ Great Bend Loader
+ Best way to free a seized pivot bolt / joint ??
+ LA302 Kubota Loader
+ Standard or self-leveling 541 loader for JD5320?
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Loader Buddy
+ 770B Loader

Most Discussion

+ Best way to free a seized pivo
+ I am frustrated with my loader
+ Loader Buddy
+ Loaders..... What would you ch
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Kubota loader installation
+ 410 material bucket to big?
+ my hydraulics quit working