Kubota loader installation: Loaders  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review Kubota loader installation: Loaders -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 11-08-2001, 17:27 Post: 33035
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Kubota loader installation

I am new to the Kubota loader installation and have a question that perhaps someone here can answer. I have removed and installed the loader on my 2910 only twice. Both times I have had difficulty removing and inserting the left side locking pin. It seems to go smoothly through the outside of the upright, through the loader mounting assembly and then hangs up on the inside of the fixed upright attached to the machine. By eye, it is slightly mis-aligned when seated into the upright cradle, but only on the inside. By rolling the mounting mechanism slightly foreward from the cradle perhaps an eigth of an inch using the curl function, it lines up perfectly. The right side is perfect when seated in the cradle and I have no problem. Is this normal? I don't see a way to adjust this to eliminate the problem. I know what to do now to get around it, but I wouldn't think that should be necessary.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

11-08-2001, 18:40 Post: 33037
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Cutter, it's NOT normal. It should fit tightly against the back and the holes should be aligned for the pin.

11-08-2001, 18:57 Post: 33039
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I didn't think it was normal Bird man, but I know sometimes I am too particular. I like to adjust things like that myself rather than bother with a service call, but I'm not sure there is an adjustment. I'll take a look at it in the daylight Saturday and see what I can do, if anything. If all else fails, I'll call the dealer. After all, it has only ten hours on it. Thanks.

11-09-2001, 07:08 Post: 33048
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

I believe that Bird knows very well what is normal and abnormal for this loader, so my comment is about lining things up in general. When I've got things apart on the loader, I move them around a bit with a hydraulic bottle jack and pry bar rather than running the tractor to use the loader hydraulics. Pins that fit through three bushings with small clearances (such as loader arm pins) are often difficult to line up. The right sized drift punch is useful. A tapered drift can go through one bushing to the misaligned bushing. The taper gets the punch into the misaligned bushing enough so a slight whack on the punch will align the parts. If the punch is the right size, it won't go completely through the centre bushing. The pin can be inserted from the other side and partially into the centre bushing. The punch then can be removed and the pin fully made. In my case, I removed an upper arm pin to replace a grease fitting and had a rough time trying to line the thing back up. I didn't have the right sized drift. Fortunately, I discovered that a 3ph-link pin (I don't remember if it was upper or lower) makes the perfect drift for my loader pins.

11-09-2001, 08:10 Post: 33052
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Cutter it is not right. Let your dealer know so he can get the parts in to straighten it out. Don't know your background but if you could tell him how much it is off then he can deal with it better.

11-09-2001, 19:44 Post: 33070
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I have delt with mechanical things my whole life Art. I was raised in the car business and have worked in the utility business almost exclusively. I like to make things perfect and that is why sometimes I would rather fix a problem myself than have a dealer do it, even under warranty (you being the exception). In 1987 I purchased a new speedboat with a Ford big block, I did the setup and the cleaning myself. Just couldn't bear someone slopping oil on my new engine. I did call him today however, after reading the comments here. He wants me to try the pin without the loader just to check the hole alignment (I don't think that will show anything, it goes in ok when the loader is moved forward slightly). From there, I don't know the answer. Is something misaligned due to poor setup techniques? Probably. We shall see.

11-09-2001, 20:24 Post: 33071
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Cutter, I'm no expert on these things, but looking at my manual, and from your description, it sounds as if the pin hole in the left side of the main frame is in the wrong place, and of course the main frame is one piece so that would require replacing a rather large component. However, if it works by letting go forward a tiny bit, I suppose some sort of shim or a weld bead could be applied that would hold it forward just a tiny bit. I generally do my own service and maintenance work, too, but on a new one it should line up right.

11-10-2001, 08:16 Post: 33083
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Yes Bird, I too had thought of that. However after further contempletion, I decided to have the dealer replace what is wrong. I am going out with my vernier calipers this morning to check the distances on each side to see if that tells the story. Have to go to the barber shop first and pick up my Pennsylvania breakfast sausage he runs down every month or so to get. The best I have ever tasted.

11-10-2001, 09:29 Post: 33086
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

I think that fixing this sort of thing in the automotive world is part of 'detailing'--more than just fancy cleaning. I think that design and production standards used to detail things for consumers. I suppose that's a piece of history now days. People (and I'm one of them) who simply want to use things without fighting with them seem to be fated to live in states of minor to serious frustration. Good luck with this one, but you might keep in mind that your dealer probably is in a similar situation. Dealers have to work with the stuff as comes off the assembly line and try to keep reasonably happy customers. However, I guess a main difference is that customers pay their money but dealers derive their income from the product.

11-10-2001, 15:47 Post: 33089
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I found the problem today. There is a stop in the shape of a half moon on each side of the loader frame, on the inside of the upright support. The one I am struggling with calipers at .050 back further than the three others on the uprights. That would cause the loader to travel back too far in the cradle at that point. Now I'm not sure if I want the upright replaced or will be satisfied to let the dealer break the spot weld and re-position the stop (or if I will have a choice). Find out Monday I guess.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Thread 33035 Filter by Poster:
Art White 4 | Bird Senter 5 | cutter 13 | JerryG 1 | Roy Jackson 1 | TomG 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Front End Loader for Honda 5518 Multi-Purpose Trac
+ Problem Connecting Hydraulic Hoses
+ 7108 Loader
+ Great Bend Loader
+ Best way to free a seized pivot bolt / joint ??
+ LA302 Kubota Loader
+ Standard or self-leveling 541 loader for JD5320?
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Loader Buddy
+ Cylinder seal replacement

Most Discussion

+ Best way to free a seized pivo
+ I am frustrated with my loader
+ Loader Buddy
+ Loaders..... What would you ch
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Kubota loader installation
+ Woods vs. Kubota Loaders
+ my hydraulics quit working