Loaders..... What would you change?: Loaders  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review Loaders..... What would you change?: Loaders -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-07-2001, 14:32 Post: 23164
Roger L.

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Loaders..... What would you change?

I got to thinking about loaders this morning, and wondered what features the members of this group like or dislike about their loaders.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

01-07-2001, 16:28 Post: 23168
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Roger, actually I'm quite happy with the LA401 loader on my B2710, but I was surprised to learn, when I got it, that you cannot both curl and lift the bucket at the same time. Both the manual and the sticker on the tractor clearly show that it was designed that way. You can dump at the same time you are raising or lowering bucket, and you can even curl the bucket back as you lower it; just can't raise and curl simultaneously.

01-07-2001, 19:09 Post: 23177
KlayW in MI

Filter by User

Bird, did I read that right? Your 401 loader will NOT both lift and curl the bucket at the same time? Do your mean the valve will not allow it or Kubota owners manual recommends against it? When I first read the post I had thought for sure I CAN do both directions at once. I have the LA402 on my B2710 and was told the only differance was the mounting pin location for ease of removal. The owners manual recommends against both at once due to "insufficient lift force" though. My book also lists a 3 position control valve and a 4 position. Maybe we discovered more differances!

01-07-2001, 19:35 Post: 23182
mbjacobs

I have a Kubota L3710 with the LA681 loader and the heavy duty bucket. Overall I'm very happy with my tractor and loader and I'd buy the same if I were doing it today. But, I would like to see a bigger range of motion in the curl/dump function. When carrying the bucket low I can't curl back enough to prevent spilling from a full bucket. Even a great machine could be improved.

01-07-2001, 21:25 Post: 23187
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Yep, KlayW, you read it right. And I still don't entirely understand the differences in the 3 and 4 position valves; just haven't taken the time to study the manuals enough.

01-07-2001, 21:37 Post: 23188
KlayW in MI

Filter by User

Bird, I did ask for the 4 way prior to purchase but now that I read the manual after actually using the loader I remember it backwards. Book says with the 4 way you will have a 2 speed dump setting. One regular for precise control and further right (sim to float) a high speed dump. Mine seems backwards to this. If I do not go all the way right I can unload quicker than part way. Where's ART when you need'im? He might be able to 'splane it better.

01-07-2001, 21:55 Post: 23189
Mike S.

Roger--First some comments about my JD430 loader with HD bucket: It has excellent construction and operation and while I may have some issues with the tractor it is mounted on, I have been impressed with this FEL. It takes under five minutes to remove it and slightly longer to mount it and its capabilities, including breakout force, is excellent for its size. Another advantage to the 430 is being able to pull 2 pins to remove the bucket and within a couple of minutes, mount the front forks. The only minor irritant is when I am turned around in the seat watching a rear implement and I often accidentally move the joystick. Second, I have examined, but not actually used a New Holland 16LA FEL because I have an interest in purchasing a TC35D. The hood and loader are sloped in such a way as to give a better view of the bucket when it is on the ground and its mounting to the tractor seems very substantial. BUT, the bucket itself does not easily detach and it would have been a better design IMHO had the Boomer engineers designed the bucket to be quickly detached using the same hookup as the NH Skidloaders so their attachments would fit (believe some of the Ford-NH tractors' FELs do so and actually use NH skidloader attachments). Mike S.

01-07-2001, 22:33 Post: 23190
Cliff Addison

Roger,

My NH 7308 loader is a fantastic loader. I can have it mounted in less than three minutes and unattached even faster. The 68" heavy duty bucket is plenty for the 1320 though. The one thing I would like to see is the standard feature of a quick attach bucket and attachments. I think if all the loader manufactures would employ this as a standard feature they would sell more FEL attachments. I like the idea of the new loaders and their slanted design for the new boomers. I spend a lot of time with a case skid steer during our fair in the Summer and the one nice thing is to be able to see the bucket, although I do develope a feel for mine after using it awhile. Also lets ask for a Freedom hitch or Delta hook as standard equipment, and Tip'N'Tilt would not hurt either. Doesn't hurt to wish big.----Cliff

01-08-2001, 06:05 Post: 23194
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Allied 195 here. The loader came with the used tractor. I suspect that price is its best feature. It's a no-frills kind of loader, but it works fine, does what I need done, and there have been no problems. Well, I did have a problem, but one I can't blame on the loader. Somebody put 90-degree grease zircs in the top of the bucket arms. The fittings were next to impossible to reach with any ordinary grease gun fitting in any bucket/arm position. I replaced them with 45-degree fittings that are easy to reach. It also didn't take long for the jerkiness when slowly lowering a loaded bucket to disappear. Why would somebody install something that didn't work and then leave them there I wonder?

In terms of wishes, I wish the bucket would go lower. A flat bucket can't be lowered further than ground level. I have to angle the bucket down to get appreciable down pressure for compacting gravel or digging shallow excavations. I also wish the loader had a fast dump. Yesterday I used the loader blade to take off the snow pack that builds up and the blower won't touch. I spent a good chunk of time 'ho-humming' while the bucket leisurely added to my various piles of snow. However, I wouldn't want to give up much power in the dump circuit to gain speed (I believe that fast dumps use regenerative circuits, which gain speed at the cost of power). The success of my snow pack removing operations is because I am able to float the arms and adjust the blade angle on the fly. I'm not sure a regenerative dump would provide enough power. The 2-speed dump mentioned sounds really good.

01-08-2001, 08:20 Post: 23199
Roger L.

Filter by User

Guys, this thread ought to really help out the people looking for loaders. It is interesting to me that while everyone has a few things they would change, they also feel that all their loaders do the job just fine. A quick detach bucket came up several times. I would like to have such a thing myself, but only if it didn't add much weight to the bucket. I like a light bucket. In fact, I prefer a light weight loader....but constructed of high strength thin wall steel. Most of the older ones that I see are the opposite: heavily built of low strength steel. That is the type of construction I like to see on a back blade, but not on a loader.
Faster cycle times.....hmmm....we ought to be able to figure this one out, so why can't the manufacturers? It is a universal lament.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Loaders Forum

Thread 23164 Filter by Poster:
Ben 1 | Bird Senter 3 | Cliff Addison 1 | DanaT 3 | harvey 1 | Jack in IL 1 | JeffM 1 | KlayW in MI 2 | mbjacobs 1 | Mike S. 1 | Murf 1 | Randy Eckard 1 | RegL 1 | Roger L. 6 | Ted Kennedy 3 | Terry Weivoda 1 | TomG 3 |

Most Viewed

+ Front End Loader for Honda 5518 Multi-Purpose Trac
+ Problem Connecting Hydraulic Hoses
+ 7108 Loader
+ Great Bend Loader
+ Best way to free a seized pivot bolt / joint ??
+ LA302 Kubota Loader
+ Standard or self-leveling 541 loader for JD5320?
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Loader Buddy
+ Cylinder seal replacement

Most Discussion

+ Best way to free a seized pivo
+ I am frustrated with my loader
+ Loader Buddy
+ Loaders..... What would you ch
+ FEL Leak Down
+ Kubota loader installation
+ Woods vs. Kubota Loaders
+ my hydraulics quit working