Go Bottom Go Bottom

Problem Connecting Hydraulic Hoses

View my Photos
Tech
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-24          16612

I sometimes have a problem reattaching the hydraulic lines on my loader after having removed it for mowing. One or two of the lines will go on very hard, it feels like there is pressure in the line. At times, I have all I can do to get them back on. What causes this? Is it due to leaving the loader in the wrong position on the ground? If it happens, how can I make them easier to reattach?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
tom

2000-05-24          16616

You did not say what brand of tractor or loader, but I can tell you that I have a NH TC33D with a NH7398 loader and have noticed the same thing some times. I can simply move the control stick on the tractor with the engine off in the loader up/down direction and the bucket up/down position and it relieves any pressure in the lines on the tractor. The hoses then connect with no problem. ....

View my Photos
tom

2000-05-24          16617

Oops, NH7308 loader. ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-05-24          16621

Tom, I can't say for sure, but I think the same thing (moving the joystick around to relieve the pressure) works on all of them. ....

View my Photos
Tech

2000-05-24          16624

tom...I have a NH TC29D with 7308 loader. I'll try your suggestion. Sounds like a simple solution. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2000-05-25          16628

Sometimes I can't get a connector in even after relieving the pressure with the spooling valves. I think the oil remaining in the connector body can be enough to prevent seating, but it doesn't always happen. I found that the hose seats easily if I pull the lever while pushing on the hose.

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-05-25          16630

And like Tom said to start with, just be sure the engine is OFF when you do it. ....

View my Photos
David Paul

2000-05-25          16632

Any pressure build up on either side of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting will make it almost impossible to reconnect. Sometimes cracking the quick disconnect loose from a hose is the only way. When the loader is detached, shut the tractor off and move the loader controls for lift and bucket in all directions to relieve pressure on all lines before disconnection. This will remove pressure on the loader side of the fittings. Make sure the loader is firmly parked and will not move once it is disconnected. If it moves after disconnection considerable pressure can be built up in the lines making them difficult to connect. The suggestions about cycling the loader control on the tractor prior to reconnection is a very good idea also. ....

View my Photos
Richard Harburn

2000-05-25          16663

I have had this problem with my Steiner. Even though I always put the spool valve into "float" position when letting the implement down, there is sometimes a problem inserting the male end of the quick connect into the female side. You are right in saying that they can not be forced together. The problem is not on the tractor side but rather with the implement. The hoses in the attachment are charged with hyd. fluid and this is just like a solid rod - it cannot be compressed and the fluid is keeping the quick connect from going together. Wrap a rag around the male end of the hose and push against something solid. The end will retract and release a small amount of hyd. fluid and the pressure in the line. You only need to do this to one of the ends. The couplings will then snap together easily. At least this is how I solve the problem on my machine. ....

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-05-26          16671

Some conditions that can cause the implement side hoses to become hard to attach because they are pressurized are: (1) a significant temperature change from the time the implement was disconnected until trying to reattach it, and (2) the implememt "settles" while disconnected due to internal leakage in hydraulic cylinders. In extreme cases, you may need to slightly loosen the coupler from the hose with wrenches to let some oil out and releave the pressure. ....

View my Photos
Ross

2000-05-29          16763

I've had the same problem with my 4400 430 now when I disconnect I shut off the tractor and relive the pressure before I disconnect the hoses and now it is very easy to hook back up.this may not work on all tractors but the angle on the deere when parked does'nt leave alot of pressure on the lift circuit and the bucket can't res on the cutting edge becouse that creats pressure on that circuit. Other wise you can hit the male end on somthing to push in the center and relive it that way. ....

View my Photos
Halsey Green

2000-05-29          16766

Just had the same problem this morning when attempting to reconnect the loader. Got my son and had him lift up on th loader arm, this must have released the pressure because I was able to connect the quick disconnect. Someone else try this and see if really works or were we lucky.

View my Photos
Greg franklin

2000-05-29          16767

David said it best for the problem I was having (870/440). When unlatched, turn off motor and move the loader lever in all directions to relieve the pressure. When explaining this to my father, I told him to work that lever for five minutes (This is a bit overkill but you must be absolutely sure the loader has completely settled). The backhoe is a little different, I haven't mastered settling it so I keep having to press the disconnect against something hard and not get sprayed. I will try the rag tip. ....

View my Photos
Paul Hastings

2000-06-14          17183

I'm an engineer for Woods Equipment Company. The trouble you are having is due to hydraulic pressure in the lines. This pressure can occur in either the tractor or the implement. Pressure can build up in a disconnected implement due to temperature changes.(e.g. the hot sun) The bottom line is that you need to relieve the pressure for easy hook up. Several people in this thread have already pointed out the some solutions.
With the engine off, operate the controls on the tractor to releive pressure in the tractor system.
For the implement depending on the couplings you can relieve the pressure by pressing the coupling against a clean solid surface. Covering the coupling with a rag is a good idea. Some couplings (flat face for example)don't work that easily. You may need a wrench to loosen the fitting to let a few drips of oil escape. That should do it in most cases. ....

View my Photos
rharryman

2016-05-03          195115

Howdy! I had the same trouble trying to hook up my hoses. I tried to relieve the pressure by pressing the implement male connector to the cement floor and even loosening the coupling with a wrench. Although I got a little.fluid out, the problem remained. What finally solved the problem was simply taking the offending male connector and striking it against the flat steel surface of the loader frame. I got a spurt of fluid and then I could connect with ease. You may want to wear some goggles to protect your eyes from the spray of hydraulic fluid. This whole problem could probably have been avoided if I had depressurized the system prior to removing the implement last fall by rocking the joystick in all directions a few times. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
rharryman

2016-05-03          195116

Howdy! I had the same trouble trying to hook up my hoses. I tried to relieve the pressure by pressing the implement male connector to the cement floor and even loosening the coupling with a wrench. Although I got a little.fluid out, the problem remained. What finally solved the problem was simply taking the offending male connector and striking it against the flat steel surface of the loader frame. I got a spurt of fluid and then I could connect with ease. You may want to wear some goggles to protect your eyes from the spray of hydraulic fluid. This whole problem could probably have been avoided if I had depressurized the system prior to removing the implement last fall by rocking the joystick in all directions a few times. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-10-27          195912

To Disconnect

Shut engine off.

Move Control Valve in all directions twice.

Disconnect hydraulic hoses.

To reattach shut engine off

Move Control Valve in all directions twice.

Reattach hoses ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login