evaluation?: Tractor Implements  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review evaluation?: Tractor Implements -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 08-08-2004, 22:24 Post: 92993
brokenarrow

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 evaluation?

Look at my new pics 1-6 and tell me how I done with the first time use of the box scraper. I am adding a few more 7-10 tonight on the drainage problem also. I love that box scraper but would also love to have a top/tilt power do-hickey!!!!! Next christmas maybe eh????? HINT HINT HONEY

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

08-08-2004, 22:36 Post: 92995
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

From the pics it looks like you're getting the hang of that scraper. TnT is great, but I warn you - once you get it you won't want to be without!

08-08-2004, 22:48 Post: 92996
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 evaluation?

I think that is the one item I never was told about or asked about before I bought my tractor. Suppose I could take it in someday cause I would not have the patience to do it myself (or for that matter the knowlege) I will definitally get a spreader soon. The new pic I added (i think number 8 or 9) shows me spreading seed I also done fertilizer the same way. I have been using my buddys wheeler that has a good spreader on it but he was not available this week to ask if I could use it.
What do you think about pic 3 (I think) I made the 3pt hauler a few weeks ago? Works great!
Also I added a few pics of diggin the drainage ditch to my little pond. We just got a few big storms blow thru and I have no idea how the new crown with the ditch worked. Its killing me not to be there to see. My dad just had anouther heart attack and had to leave to go to the cities. Just anouther reason not to hold off on some things you really want, life is shorter than what we all expect sometimes, he also was just diagnosed with emphazima this week! Pretty tough week in my house hold!
If he pulls thru these next few operations it is going to be a long year for my wife and I having to help him out.

08-09-2004, 09:24 Post: 93021
beagle

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

Did the TnT on my 7800 myself. Really isn't much to it. Bought the valves, hoses, fittings, and cylinders from SurplusCenter, and put it together for about 1/4 the cost of the manufacturers kits. And they are right, once you have it, you can't do without.

Oh, got the top link ends from NorthernTool.

08-09-2004, 09:26 Post: 93023
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

Your 3-point hauler looks great. For a guy with a welder and tools those look pretty easy to make. I bought one of those and use it all the time.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's continuing health problems. We'll all be there someday and life is indeed short. I know where you're coming from since we're helping my Mom cope with problems too.

08-09-2004, 10:01 Post: 93032
yooperpete

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 evaluation?

Also am sorry to hear about your Dad's failing health. It is important to spend time with him while you still can. I lost both my Dad a couple of years ago so know what you are going through. Your 3 point hauler looks nice. If I had designed it, would have put braces on the male tubes back to the triangle, since the bending moment gets pretty high at the welds. Nice job!

08-09-2004, 13:03 Post: 93046
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 evaluation?

I was concerned about being able to get into a skid but if I would of run it on the side it would of worked, (hindsight ya know) Laughing out loud. I ran the male ends 13" into the female (all the way) It is 1/4" wall tube, wonder how much it will hold before bending? Price of steel is out of this world!!! I bought 2x3" structual tubeing for my bucket forks, 12' ran me $103. plus tax!!! And ya wonder why China beats our price on so many things made from castings! Ya get what ya pay for though! Laughing out loud

How much of a crown is enough? I was debateing on if I was putting too much on the drive especially since it is a downward slope anyway. Will too much be bad?
My new plans now is to start a bought and paid for gravel pile. I figure I am moving in a few years to this place and the price is not going down anytime soon on trucking and gravel. Along with the inconvienance of calling when ya need it. I was thinking since I am making good money right now and can afford it, I might as well start having a couple of loads a month delivered and stock piled. It is not going to go anywhere and we all know we can never have enough gravel laying around! I already started a pile of pit gravel and a pile of crushed road gravel. After I used 50% of the two loads (14yards) I had em deliver anouther load each. Anyone know if ya get a discount on it if you buy it by the semi (40 yard) load? Maybe I will check it out besides more sand in the sandbox is always better for us kids, ya never know when we are going to fall thru to china and then what would we do down there without a grey market tractor?

08-09-2004, 14:44 Post: 93062
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, that's a tough situation.

A crown does not have to be extreme to be functional, in fact too much crown would be bad too. Basically you want the water to drain off the road and into the ditch. It must be enough to drain even a light rain, but not so steep that it causes erosion. The amount of crown varies with slope, curves, etc., but as a general rule of thumb you want a 5%-10% slope from the centerline out each side.

As for the stock pile, it is a good idea in principle, and is certainly handy, however, it's easy to lose a lot of material when it's stacked up too. The little bit that gets missed with the FEL then gets ground into the existing soil, the part that spills out from erosion, etc., it all adds up.

In most rural places up here, especially where there was a lot of driveway or road to maintain, people would dig a 'borrow' or 'wayside' pit. Usually where there is a hill or bank near where a river or lake used to be a couple of feet down is a natural pocket of aggregate, usually sand & stone mixed, sometimes straight sand. It is still common to see a small hill or bank with one side dug away as a source of material for small projects in the country around here. Have a look around your place, I'd be willing to bet you have some to, the ground is similar all around the great lakes.

Best of luck.

08-09-2004, 14:50 Post: 93063
beagle

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

Assuming the lift arms are 2x2x1/4 tube A53, and looks like they are about 6' long, The tubes will fail in bending at 270lbs/ea. at the tip. If my assumptions are wrong from your pictures, let me know the correct dimensions and I can give you the capacity.

Best of luck to your family.

08-09-2004, 15:08 Post: 93066
beagle

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 evaluation?

By the way, that 270lbs. at the tip will induce a 9700lb load at the weld at the front of the 3 point support. You need 4" of good 1/4" fillet weld for that. It looks from the picture like you probably have it.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Thread 92993 Filter by Poster:
beagle 3 | brokenarrow 7 | Iowafun 1 | jrestill 1 | kwschumm 2 | Murf 5 | TomG 2 | yooperpete 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Tractor Category 1 2 3 Hitch sizes Defined
+ What is 3 point hitch draft control?
+ Howse impliments are junk.
+ Farmi vs. Fransgard Logging Winch
+ Spike tooth drag/harrow
+ Rock picker
+ Tractor Implements Category 1 vs Category 0
+ Kubota rear hydraulics for a log splitter
+ Road-Boss-Grader
+ Box Scraper size

Most Discussion