3 pt hitch: Tractor Implements  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review 3 pt hitch: Tractor Implements -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 03-29-2002, 18:40 Post: 36859
Paul Brody
2002-03-29 18:40:35
 3 pt hitch

I have aan AGCO Allis 1920 (simplicity sunstar) and I'm trying to find a cat 0 3 pt hitch sith out much success. I do know that they made one and am wondering how difficult or feasible it would be to make one.

Any suggestions?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

03-30-2002, 05:22 Post: 36871
TomG

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 3 pt hitch

I'm not sure I understand the question. It would help if I knew the tractor though. It sounds like the tractor doesn't have a lift at present and I don't know if it has hydraulics either. It's possible that some 1920's had lifts, and the question is whether this was an option and if so whether an upgrade kit is available.

If that's the question, I guess a dealer should know. However, there's been a lot of acquisition at AGCO and perhaps a recent tendency to focus on farm tractors. Knowledge of an upgrade kit made by one of the acquired companies may have become entirely lost in all the mergers.

Even if a kit were available, it would likely be pretty expensive. A 3ph ais more like part of the integral tractor design rather than an add-on. A lot of stuff would have to be replaced. Lifts also stress a tractor's frame/cases and affect stability. The tractor would have to be designed for a 3ph load, which are issues to consider in any after-market kit that may pop up.

03-30-2002, 06:39 Post: 36876
Stan

3 pt hitch

Paul - the key MIGHT be in the word "Simplicity", if you meant that the AGCO was the same as a simplicuty. - I know that the Simplicity and Massey lawn and garden tractor lines are the same (even the sales brouchures and manuals are identical, the just change the names and colors). This gives you the options of looking @ Massey, Simplicity, and AGCO dealers. I wanted to add on a 3 pt to my Massey 2925, was told that the kit was available, told him to order it, but dealer just never got around to it so I gave up on the idea.

If design is the same, the same cyl that run hyd attachment lifts work the 3 pt, and the unit attaches to the frame rails and trans.

Hope this helps, and I'm not just telling you stuff you already know.

03-31-2002, 04:33 Post: 36901
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 3 pt hitch

My Ford 1710 parts manual has part numbers for major assemblies. Like most compacts, 1710's are supplied with a 3ph. If I had one without a 3ph, I could make up my own kit from a parts manual. A dealer parts guy could do the same and probably much better than I could. I may miss something here, but parts numbers for the following assemblies should make up a kit: remote valve, valve linkage, lift cylinder, flow control valve, lift arms and linkage and piping.

I'm guessing that the same thing could be done form most parts manuals. Whether dealers have the parts manual for the tractor and whether parts are still available is another question. The cost of a kit made up piece by piece could be very high.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Thread 36859 Filter by Poster:
Paul Brody 1 | Stan 1 | TomG 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Tractor Category 1 2 3 Hitch sizes Defined
+ What is 3 point hitch draft control?
+ Howse impliments are junk.
+ Farmi vs. Fransgard Logging Winch
+ Spike tooth drag/harrow
+ Rock picker
+ Tractor Implements Category 1 vs Category 0
+ Kubota rear hydraulics for a log splitter
+ Road-Boss-Grader