which implement?: Tractor Implements  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review which implement?: Tractor Implements -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 04-23-2001, 11:38 Post: 27113
Mark

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 which implement?

Looking for some help grading a space for a shed. I plan to build a 16'x20' shed on land that currently has about a 5% pitch to it. The area is covered with grass and weeds and has not been touched in probably a hundred years. I have a B7500 with loader. Can I use a box blade or tiller in combination with the loader to excavate and level this space? Or would I be better off trying to rent a bobcat or small dozer for a day? Appreciate any thoughts.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

04-23-2001, 14:04 Post: 27114
Alan L. Lewis

which implement?

Unless you have some really nasty soil (rocks etc) you should be able to handle it with your tractor. I dug about 6" out of a 16 X 20 area in heavy clay for a deck in about an hour with my 2710 - didn't even use the box blade because of space limitations. All I did was pull the dirt backwards with the loader. If you have a 5% slope I guess that means it drops a foot in the 20 feet. You could dig 6" from the high end and put it on the low end if that will work for you.

04-23-2001, 14:55 Post: 27116
mark

which implement?

I recently built a 40x60 shed. The ground that this sat on was fairly level but there was about a 12" drop from one corner to the other (across the 40' side). I used my tiller and box blade exclusively to move the necessary dirt around. I basically staked out the corners where the shed was to be built and strected a string level across to these stakes. I got the ground level to within 2" all the way around. So in my opinion a tiller, box blade, and a loader should be more than enough to get the job done. BTW I spent about 6hrs leveling out this 40x60 area without a loader.

Mark

04-24-2001, 05:05 Post: 27147
TomG

TP Contributor

which implement?

I built a gravel pad for our 40' construction trailer last summer. I used 6' box and loader with 24hp. There was over a foot drop along the 50' length and side to side slope as well. Couple of comments: I cut the pad level as mentioned by moving material from high places to low. The grading left one end about 6"-8" below grade level. I used enough gravel to build the entire pad level and above grade. Otherwise, water would pool in the below grade area. I did almost all the work with the box. The loader was used mostly to lower a pile of gravel the dump truck hadn't spread and for some final compaction. I cut the side grade with the box by using the 3ph side-leveler. You can't cut a side grade different from the slope a tractor is on with a loader. The only way I can think of to cut a side grade with a loader is to go in a bunch of times from the side. I cut the pad before I got a hydraulic top-link to go with the box. It took awhile since I was hopping on and off the tractor to adjust the top-link as much as I was running the tractor. I got a hydraulic link in time to do the gravel work. World of difference--hydraulic top-links and box scrapers go together. All together, a fun project. Guess I like grading. Good luck with the project, but plan to take some time. It takes awhile to develop an eye for grading and a knack with the box.

04-25-2001, 02:14 Post: 27198
JonB

which implement?

Mark, I built a small "barn" two years ago. Like tractor size, sometimes I wish it was bigger. Anyway, the ground was rock hard and my tractor couldn't scratch it. But it only cost $250 cash to have someone with a big machine level and dig the foundation footings. There was a discount for cash but I think it was well worth it. Best of luck. JonB

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tractor Implements Forum

Thread 27113 Filter by Poster:
Alan L. Lewis 1 | JonB 1 | Mark 2 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Tractor Category 1 2 3 Hitch sizes Defined
+ What is 3 point hitch draft control?
+ Howse impliments are junk.
+ Farmi vs. Fransgard Logging Winch
+ Spike tooth drag/harrow
+ Tractor Implements Category 1 vs Category 0
+ Rock picker
+ Kubota rear hydraulics for a log splitter
+ Road-Boss-Grader