Go Bottom Go Bottom

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-22          190984

I bought a quick hitch. It works great with the box blade and back blade but won't work with my mowers. I bought the toplink adapter from Agri-supply but because of the welded supports on the woods rm-59 finish mower and the woods m-5 brush hog I can't get on the lower pins. I made some steel plates to extend the pins out, but because they are skid mowers there's to much side pressure on turns. It bent one of the plates and tried to come off the pins - not a good situation. Any ideas to make it work. Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-23          190987

First think there are a few threads here you may find helpful on quick hitches. Second, what do you mean by "skid mowers"? Third what thickness of metal did you use and can you post a picture of what you did or describe it in more detail? kt ....

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-08-24          190990

My lake property is 25 miles from my home - the tractor and mowers are there so I can't take a pic. Instead of wheels the mower run on metal skids with a tail wheel. I used 1/4 steel to extend the lift pins out 4''. I may try welding the plates together, surely 1/2'' would be heavy enuogh not to bend. I bought lift pins that have an adjustable nut instead of a flair so I would have adjustment. Larry. ....

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
chuckles

2014-08-24          190993

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocsr1 | view 190984
I bought a quick hitch. It works great with the box blade and back blade......

I think the box and back blade and other NON PTO implements are the sweet spot for quick hitches. I think it is hit or mostly miss on PTO rear implements. ....

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-08-25          190996

yocsr1, 1/4" is too thin. I have used four inch channel 1/4" thick and it also bent with me. On the mower with skid plates, pick it where those plates are just clear of the dirt if not you will be doing a lot of replacing and also damage to the area you are cutting. You will find it much easier to turn the tractor with the cutter clear also. Have never seen a finishing mower with skid plates instead of wheels to maintain it's cutting height.

Watch extending the distance of a pto implement back as I understand you have, you need to be sure you still have safe pto shaft over lap of the two sections when you lift the mower it does not come apart while running. Hope you well with this. kt ....

Quick Hitch

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-08-25          190998

take a look at these and see if they might give you a better idea.

Greg, glad I am not one of the boys. lol. But if he had two my size the wheel would have remained on the ground.

Do be sure your tires have proper air pressure in them. If you had one on the down hill side to come break free of the rim.... ....

Link:   underfence mowers

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login