Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods RM59 finish mower

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-15          190703

The original belt started flipping over and I couldn't keep it from flipping so I bought a new belt. The new belt did fine. I bought a new kevlar belt so as to not have problems. I mowed only 6 times with it and the belt is separating. Got any idea as to what may be going on? The pulley's all are good. It's an unusual cofiguration, the belt makes 2 quarter twists and two half twists and one full twist. Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods RM59 finish mower

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-15          190704

Most belts are made for an application. Some are meant to go around more then corners with twists and some are meant for a straight run around two pulleys.

From the sounds of it the belt you bought is not meant for the twists! ....

Woods RM59 finish mower

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-07-15          190708

The belt is suppose to be for this application. I studied it before I purchased it. The one thing that was evident was to pay the extra price for the kevlar belt, unless this belt isn't actaully kevlar it should hold up. The belt has to run a lot tighter than a normal belt because of all the twists. I'm wandering if I might have had it too tight. Would that cause it to separate or did I just happen to get a defective one? Larry ....

Woods RM59 finish mower

View my Photos
harvey

2014-07-25          190770

I doubt that you have over tightened. As was said before the back bends and forward bends will kill a belt if it's not flexible for the application Kevlar or not.

I buy 2-300 various sizes of belts for our straight up sheaves. I have tried a couple of the high end belts on my deck they do not last but a few mowings.

Bought the factory specific belt and it's on there for 3 or 4th season now.

The other possible thought is: you have to much HP to deck mowing too heavy a grass to fast. ....

Woods RM59 finish mower

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-09-18          193724

The problem ended up being the tensioner pulley bearing was going bad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login