Go Bottom Go Bottom

MR3 York rake

View my Photos
modyinnh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-24          186806

Hi all, I've got a chance to get a used MR3-7 ft rake with casters at a decent price. The York website says it is rated for "up to a 30hp" tractor. I would be uasing it on a 45hp Kioti. What would be the issues with using it on a bigger tractor?
I'd be cleaning horse paddocks and drive way grading in the spring.

Thanks
Paul

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MR3 York rake

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-24          186809

Go ahead. I'd guess the issue is theirs -- to sell a bigger and costlier model for a bigger tractor. Or maybe it's to match the hitch category size to the rake (but even if your Kioti is cat II and the rake is cat I, you can get adapters). Or maybe if a tine breaks on a rock they can say it was the tractor's fault. ....

MR3 York rake

View my Photos
modyinnh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-24          186810

That's kinda what I figured. Tractor is a cat 1.
Thanks for the reply.
paul ....

MR3 York rake

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-24          186811

I would say that is an indication of how heavy the unit is built. A 7 foot rake can really pull a large amount of dirt and such. Think mine is 7 foot and use it normally on a 27 hp tractor and it works well. Have used it on much larger tractor and the issue is do not over load it. The frame is not that heavy of metal but wide spread load has never been an issue for me. ....

MR3 York rake

View my Photos
Art White

2013-04-28          186826

York rakes are one of the strongest we have worked with. I'd give it a try and not worry to much about it as we haven't seen them bent up and the teeth they use are the best in the industry. We often are matching there teeth for other makes that don't hold up and people often wind up with York teeth on the whole rake! Would have been cheaper to buy that make to begin with! If you are worried about the frame leave the frame short on the top link and it will dump before you could ever hurt it! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login