Go Bottom Go Bottom

Problem with selecting tilt angle with Land Pride blade

View my Photos
KwaiChang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-14          186692

Hello folks,

I have looked everywhere but cannot find this problem, my apologies if it has been asked/answered before.

I have a Land Pride RB1660 rear blade on a Kubota BX2660. There is one tilt position that will just not allow the pin to insert, no matter how much I fiddle with it. Yesterday, the same position on the other side would not allow the pin to insert.

Does anyone have any experience with these blades, or can point me to the answer? Do the parts slip or miss-align? I am about to attempt to pull the thing apart, but really, really don't want to do that! :)

Any suggestions appreciated.

KC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-14          186693

With limited info. I'd have to say the most likely, and common, cause would be wear in the king pin, the big pivot the blade turns on.

After a lot of use in rough ground, like a gravel driveway, would hammer that pin pretty badly if it wasn't adjusted properly and/or kept greased they get really sloppy. The fact you say it's only a problem in one angle but in both directions likely means that's the position it wore out in.

IMHO taking it apart won't do anything unless you're prepared to build it back up with weld and then machine it back to the original sizes.

Likely though you'll find that the lock pin will go in if you if you drop the pin in as far as it will go, then lower the blade and let it rest on the ground or repeatedly up & down a few times.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
KwaiChang

2013-04-14          186694

I think you misunderstood. (First, the blade is brand new, there should be no wear.)

The problem is not in the angle which is selected by that main pin, but is in the tilt function. There are two positions, 7.5 degrees, and 15 degrees. One side of the blade goes down, and the other side goes up.

That position must be selected when the blade is off the ground. The holes (there are at least 2, possibly 3) do not align such that the pin can be reinserted.

Thanks for your response. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-14          186695

You're right, I did misunderstand.

If its new, and it doesn't fit, contact your dealer. There's no reason I can think of other than a defect that would cause that.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
KwaiChang

2013-04-14          186696

Thanks, Murf,

I was hoping that someone had some experience... Maybe a burr, or something... I called the dealer and he recommended a rat-tail file to "wallow out the hole a little". :)

Taking it back is an incredible pain, I was hoping to find something simple, first.

Thanks again! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-15          186710

Then use smaller diameter pin or if you have the ability to run a drill bit through of the correct diameter do that. However if you have not tried rotating the blade by hand as hard and fast as you can do that first. It may but some trash or such in there preventing full rotation. Have you lubed it (grease or oil as it is designed for)?
kt ....

View my Photos
KwaiChang

2013-04-24          186808

Hey folks,

Sorry for not closing this out earlier... Got busy. Had to go save the world, ya know it is.... :)

Thanks for the responses, they were of help. I am in conversation with Land Pride about the matter, and am waiting for a response from them now. This should clear the matter up, and if they can't, I think I might be able to hog the holes out myself.

Thanks again,

KC ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-24          186812

You are seeing the problem and we are not but if it seems to be an issue with it is not rotating enough try smaller diameter pins first for it may loosen in use to where it will rotate fully. Then you will not have over size holes. ....

View my Photos
KwaiChang

2013-04-24          186813

Roger that, it's a good idea.... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login