Go Bottom Go Bottom

3ph assembly for JD 4200 - Nice forum

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-27          139202

Been a reader for awhile, good forum and have learned quite a bit from all.
Need some advice and ideas concerning getting a 3ph put on my JD 4200. I currently have a 47 backhoe on the back. I want to put a 3ph snow blower on for winters. I chekced with John Deere dealer and they said for all the parts it would cost about $1000 for cernterlink, draftlinks and side lifts and all pins, chains etc. Any way to get cheaper? Have found some on web that say will fit all compacts. Dealer says that they list for slightly biggger tactors. Would I be OK putting these on, what would I need to check? Also what is the use/difference between regular and telescoping draft links. Any thought?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-27          139204

Couple things: If you do buy the aftermarket parts I'd first check out a similar tractor with factory parts and measure the parts for comparison. Even if you find old parts and you can weld, cut them down or make them longer or remove and replace the ball ends if they're worn out--new ends are about $10-15 each

Unlike the Wendy's commercial---parts ain't parts.

I have the extending bottom hitch arms on 2002 New Holland TC33D which is sort of similar to a 1710 model. My supposed "deluxe" (expensive) parts wore out and bent after a short time (bending was my fault). Turns out the 3pt hitch parts are NOT interchangable even within the same basic model. I ended up unbending them, and welding the extension parts solid.

Keep in mind that a lot of those aftermarket parts are coming from India. There are many many tractor brands around the world---and for sure those parts probably do fit one or several. But ALL--I don't think so.

If all you are doing is putting a snow blower on I wouldn't worry about much more than getting the arms within a few inches longer plus or minus of OEM. The top link, same thing. The things you have to look for is the hole diameters in the links, and if they rub on the tires. There are limiting chains available to prevent rubbing too. That was the other thing that made my arms not compatible with the former model is that mine has adjustable slotted bars instead of chains, and some brackets welded to them.

Incidentally, a few years ago when I had a '47 9N Fordson, I ordered new arms and a top link--price inc. shipping $400. I sent them back when I found them locally at TSC for less than half. And they were not OEM-type Ford parts but aftermarket junk too. ....

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle

2007-01-27          139206

Thanks earthworks. I don't beleive these are aftermarket parts. Used John Deere. Probably the holes and pin sizes are the most important thing to check if only putting on snow blower correct? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-27          139218

Yeah, for the most part. There are different Categories 0, 1 that I'm familar with. Usually the bigger the end holes the higher the Category. Just be sure you have swing or sway chains on the lower bars otherwise the first time you turn or go off-camber the bars will get caught on the tires which at the very least is annoying, and worse-case could rip or chunk out the tire tread. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-29          139313

So that is what those chains are for. EW you are the smratest person I Know. I am not joking I just always hooked them up. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-29          139316

SG: Ahhh...I realize I'm jis' a transplanted redneck or Rankee...but what does "smratest" mean?

If it means what I think it does, then okay I am the smratest person you know (this week--last week I wasn't :( )

My next lesson:

"The loose plastic cover tube on the PTO shaft---where do you tighten it so it doesn't spin free?"

Instructor's note: The class's visual-aid volunteer this week will be Mr. Noarman ("Stew") Paddassole. Be sure to give him a hand or two.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-29          139318

EW, Mine is made of cast iron and has flat spots for a ford wrench, and I have never used the PTO I do know it has two speeds 540 and 1000. There is bad stuff under that cover that I dont need to plunder around with at this time. I think I need an A-tach-ment to put on the PTO. Mostly at this time my tractor is just a big 4wd 25hp wheelbarrow I do use a scraper blade if that will get me any points.

OFF SUBJECT WARNING:

Correction: You are the SMARTEST MAN I KNOW. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-30          139340

SG: I'll bring ya up to speed (pun intended) on the PTO shaft cover--I'm referring to the attachment's (implement) PTO shaft and the loose, tubular safety cover that is suppose spin free on it so that if someone gets their hand/arm/leg/hair/clothing next to or on the cover it will stop but the shaft inside will continue to rotate under power.

BTW, the name of my fictious volunteer, Mr. Noarman, is a play on the words "No Arm Man", as in, before the advent of these safety covers many a person lost their arms, legs or their lives when they got wrapped around the shaft. Myself, I got my hand wrapped around the PTO shaft on the back of an old Farmall at age 14 messing around. Broke my hand in three places. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-30          139344

griz, your question seems so simple. Then I wondered, just what all your tractor needs and have no idea. I would take a very careful look at another tractor like yours if at all possible, even taking pictures and then compare to see what parts your's would be needing. Unless your manual tell you. You may find it only needs some very basic lift arms or you may need JD mounts plus all the rest. If you only need basic lift arms and 3 rd arm, you should be able to find them from someone beside JD. Now if you need mounts for or the arms that connect to the shaft that rotates to do the lifting, my guess is JD made is only option.

I was going to change a Case from stablizer chains to stablizer linkage a few years ago. It was amazing the mounts that had to be replaced.

On EW about damaging tires without stablizers connected. You can also damage some equipment plus tires. I am slowing learning when you hook up to 3 pth, lift and try swinging to be sure it does not hit tires.

Hope you well.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139345

EW,

Now I got you, there was a program on one of the health channels about a young man that got tangled up in the PTO shaft and both arms were jerked completely off. This saved his life. Both arms were attached but it took years of recovery. If you are going to use the PTO it would be a good idea to have some kind of guard that works. Will this guard also fit over the clutch.

Griz and KT

I have bought several items after the fact to fit on the lift arms (Draw Bar, scraper blade) they both fit just fine after adjusting the width of the lift arms.

SEMI OFF SUBJECT QUESTION:

When I attach the DRAW BAR and put a trailor hitch ball on it what are the items called that you attach to the Lift Arms and the DRAW BAR that keep the draw Bar from swiviling up or down. I have found that I can make a simi dump trailer out of my utility trailer using the lift arms and draw bar but it is not the best looking unit with the draw bar rolling up and down.

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-30          139348

SG, "Will this guard fit over the clutch." What clutch? One on PTO shaft? I don't think the protective plastic slip cover on pto shaft on my rotary cutter fits over it's slip clutch. I think those guards really only cover the length of the pto shaft. Would think any clutch would have its own guard.

Draw bar and scraper blade should fit as long as they are the correct "Category" (which normally shows up in pin diameter). I know cat 2 does have two widths at least for draw bars, not sure if any other category does.

It just might be me, but would you try explaining that dump trailer set up again. I got lost in it.

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-30          139350

griz,

Have you checked out redlandhill.com that is showing right about the thread? Looks like they may have what you want for about $450 if I read number correctly.

I am sure DennisCTB would appreciate our supporting them as they are supporting TP.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-30          139352

SG: The part that spreads the lower link arms apart so you can put a trailer ball on it is called a "drawbar". To use it properly you need to use the anti-sway chains and I believe adjustable sliding metal links called "drawbar stays" I've seen some that connect the drawbar to the top link pivot so that the 3pt can't be raised like if you were towing a trailer. Then there's sometimes the same looking parts that prevent side to side motion. Some are ligyt duty some are heavy duty depending on the side load you are putting on them.

The easy way to tow a trailer if you don't need to do extremely sharp turns, I feel is, install a ball on the "swinging drawbar" (and leave it there) which looks like a thick metal bar that sticks out rearward under the axle and may or may not pivot side to side. Mine swings but can be pinned in three locations. To use the "swinging drawbar" all you do is leave your lower lift arms empty and raised to clear the trailer hitch. Be sure the anti-sway chains keep the lower link arm away from the tires. You'll need to place the top link in its holder in the up position or simply remove it.

I tried to find a good diagram of the various hitch parts from suppliers but had no luck. Try Googling yourself, well not yourself--but the parts. hahahaha. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139353

EW,

I know what you described just did not know the Nomenclature. I use the drawbar to jump the trailer. I usualy do not need to tow the trailer with the tractor. Good information and I will put it to use. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-30          139354

SG: What do you mean by "jump the trailer"? ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139355

KT,

I put the trailer hitch ball in the center hole on the draw bar. I attach the trailer to the draw bar after filling it up with whatever (rock, dirt etc) pull it to the dump site and when I raise the lift arms it raises the trailer tongue and semi dumps the trailer. If not it does get it to a better angle to unload eaiser with the mexian drag line. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139356

EW,

I have fast fingers and slow eyes "Dump, Dump, Dump the trailer. You need to learn to speak the language:-) ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139357

KT,

That is the clutch I was refering to "slip Clutch" on the pto shaft. All clutchs I have seen are self contained but there might be the odd ball out there. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-30          139362

SG: Dump not Jump. Hmmm---I GIT IT! I figured since there were THREE keys between D and J--it had to be a J (jump)---my bad. You're right I need to learn the way of the redneck and their, shall I say---creative yet impropa way a tolllkin' LOL ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139364

EW,

I may have to start calling you KIN! You know from over yonder, on the road where the pavement stops and the wire fence is broke by the bent over pine tree. I am sure a bunch of us have been on that road. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-30          139367

WAAAAY OVERDUE OFF-TOPIC ALERT:

SG: Kin as in the toy dolls "Kin and Barbie"? Or kin as in "we're fam'ly"? Wait, wait! I hear the battling banjos from Deliverance in the background...

And I have met many a yocal who has told me of this place ya'll call "Yonder". I have yet to find it on a map! Just when I think I git close to Yonder they tell me, "No---Yonder's over der--but cha can't git to Yonder frum he-ah". Well then change the dang name den!

BTW, what the heck does your moniker of SG... mean? Sounds like a reference to an aircraft registration number.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-30          139371

Time for the real OFF SUBJECT WARNING! ""DANGER DANGER" OFF SUBJECT

SG: is for Steam Generator
8: is for the size of the Nuclear Reactor that they use on Trident Submarines
NUC: is for Nuclear

I got more time on top of Navel Nuclear Reactors than you have time in the OUT HOUSE. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-31          139394

SG: (psss, psss---hey bud, sounds like you throwin' pooh at me for not being on a reactor---not sure. But that thing about out houses... gotta tell ya... northerners haven't used outhouses in oh, about 75 years---we gots somethin' called "i-n-d-o-o-r p-l-u-m-i-n'" in a room called a "bathroom" where we gots this thing called a "bathtub" and a "sink" too)

All this bathroom talk makes me wanna go take a poop...
(now WHO moved the bathroom?)

But I'm jis' sayin' ....

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle

2007-01-31          139397

Hey guys and gals thanks for al the input. Hadn't checked back for a few days and many good things and many interesting off topic things. Appreciate all the responses.
Here is where I stand so far. There are JD used parts for a three point hitch selling for close to nothing but local dealer says will fit larger compacts and not sure about 4200 as the part numbers are different - since I can't get my hands on the parts I will not pursue buying. I checked Bridgeport for complete used 3ph kit - $1200. Local JD dealer new parts - $1400. Much more expensive than I had expected just for five arms, pins and two chains! So I will check to see if the lead by kthompson at redlandhill is a viable option (thanks kt). Had I known how pricey these things were I would have considered this when I bought the tractor. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-31          139398

EW, the bathroom is over yonder. And if you have to axe where yonder is, you should keep your mouth shut. But I just saying and joking with you, so please, no one get offended. He can not help his condition. Due to all them circles. Well if you want to get offended, good day I guess.

SG, have never seen a ball hitch used on a drawbar. If you are NOT using something to prevent the drawbar from rolling it probably is putting the hitch on the trailer in a terrible bind. Look at something like the "flexpoint" showing on TP's page as a better and safer option. Of course you can make your own. You may find you want the mount for the ball higher than the lift arms to give you more height to dump the trailer. Following up on EW on trailering with the 3 pth, you probably want stablizers set to give you very little side movement. Especially when backing.

View my Photos
Murf

2007-01-31          139401

There was some talk about drawbars on another forum (a non-tractor one) I participate in.

Here's the poop (pun intended) on it.

In purely tractor terminology, the big steel bar trailer hitch looking thing under the keester of a tractor is a drawbar.

Unfortunately, a LOT of people also call the rectangular steel bar with all the holes along it, and a hitch pin at each end, a drawbar also, since it is most commonly used to draw (pull) things.

It USED to be called a "tool bar" since it was most commonly used, years ago, to bolt different tools to, for instance several cultivator tips could be bolted to it, to weed between rows, using the various holes to set the gauge or spacing between them. They also used to be available in widths far beyond just the spread of the lower links of the 3pth. You could get them up to 12' or more in width.

Thus endeth our lesson for today...... ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-31          139402

Off topic warning...Murf, just how old are you to know all this tibit stuff? Or you just a youngun hanging around some old farmers or do you watch the history channel all the time?

Now, since that was a tool bar to hook cultivators up to, I ASSUME (yep) that was before the type used today which rotates or is that where rolling cultivators came from? :)

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-31          139407

Murf,

You are wealth of Knowledge, TOOL BAR what a concept. It never came to mind that I could attach ground working equipment to this bar. I am guessing add weights as needed. Earler in the post, are we correct in the name of the fitting that keeps the tool bar form rotating.

KT,

We must take it easy on EW. I am trying to bring him along slowly to southern ways. My off the hip comment "out house" refering to the bathroom seems to have touched a tender spot. Kind of like eating to much hot peppers. You gota love him. :-)
OK back on subject, you are correct it does put the trailer tongue, ball and tool bar to its limit I was wishing that if I stop the bar from rotating it would releive some of the pressure.

Grizz,

Sorry if I got off the subject, glad you have formed a plan it is always best to check around. It still seems a large price for what you want. I hope you can benefit by my off subject rant.:-)

EW,

You are the best. Poop and all. ....

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle

2007-01-31          139409

kt,

I checked out redlandhill.com. Jsut like other sites they only have 3ph kits for lawn mowers and older tractors that orignally didn't come with them. Finding out that there is only an aftermarket ....market in these areas becasue all the other tractors should ahve come with these. So for over $1200 plus a 59 inch 3ph snowblower might be too rich for my blood and I'll continue to use a walk behind to blow snow. For this $ I could go with a front mount for the same price but wouldn't want to give up the easy use of the loader during the winter. If any of you knwo of anyone who have a backhoe attached to their JD 4200 substructure and don't think they will be using 3ph let me know. Or if you have any other less pricey ideas... I'm all ears. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-31          139412

Griz, don't know about snow, but just in case there is such why not try a new subject asking about snow blower you could use with front end loader? I would post that new so it would get that attention.

SG, they do make attachements to keep the tool or draw bar from rotating. I rather spend the money on a hitch such as the one shown on this web site. For dumping it seems you would want a ball mount that would be higher than the draw bar is, but that would with lift all the way down be low enough to pull the trailer level.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-31          139413

kt,

I have used the FEL to pick the front of the trailer up in order to dump it. Now that works good. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-01-31          139415

SG, I thought you had a fel. If you need to dump your trailer could you not drill a hole in your fel bucket somewhere to give you the ability and to hold the trailer while doing so?

Grizz, do a 3 point hitch search on ebay. You may find a suitable hitch. There show many on there. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-31          139418

KT,

YOU are the smartest man I know! Drill a hole in the FEL bucket, install the trailer ball, and that way I can lift and swivel in order to dump the trailer. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-31          139419

The ball-in-the-bucket idea looks good on paper--but in practice (been there, done that) it's nearly impossible to keep the ball and tongue within design parameters as far as how much out of alignment the ball, the loader bucket and the trailer tongue can handle if those paremeters are exceeded. I bent my backhoe bucket bottom badly doing this, not to mention damaging the tongue jack and the safety chain tiedowns. TP member JasonR (or DRankin) has a removable/flip down reciever hitch mounted on the top of the bucket that when the bucket is rolled forward it exposes the ball---but even this can have the same problems as mentioned above. And when dumping the trailer using the bucket, either idea is even more likely to damage everything since you can't see the bucket/trailer ball relationship. (I've done this too without a ball but just using safety chains. NOTE: I also did this with my skid steer dumping a 5yd dump trailer with a dead battery filled with broken concrete. The trailer was all the way up, the safety chains broke and the trailer came down straight into the cab where I was sitting--came about 6" from making me a big bag of bones.)

Another idea, using the ball is mount a ball on the backside of the backhoe bucket. This gives you more visibility and is especially great for weaving a trailer through trees or other obstacles while keping the tractor in one position, which I've had to do on occassion. It's even great just using the backhoe to precision-position a trailer to prevent theft, like lifting the tongue over a bumper post or stump, or block it in so no one steals it easily. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-01-31          139424

EW,

A friend of mine explained the same thing to me that you just covered. That was a great story, you are a good ole boy. I think I will stick with method of dumping that I have now. What I do is tie two lengths of Nylon Strap to the cross bar behind the FEL bucket. Put the ends over the front of the bucket. I position the bucket over the front of the trailer and attach the Nylon. I can lift with the fel and front of the bucket can be used as a very short boom. When the square end of the trailer sets on the ground then it is stable and dumping (jumping) can be completed. We had tears in our eyes reading your story glad you are ok. Now that was some good Info. Been there Done that, has a new meaning for me now.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-01-31          139426

Tears in your eyes 'cuz Rankee is a 'tard and doing stupid things again? Or tears in your eyes 'cuz you were laughing so much---at the stupid Rankee?

The other thing I didn't mention (yes, that I've done) is dumping the trailer with the FEL, and not having it positioned so that the trailer doesn't come rolling into the (thank God it was protected) radiator grille after it's unloaded. DOH!

And if you like "Honey, Look What the Rankee Did NOW" stories, last week using the skid steer and pallet forks I was removing 4,000 sqft of home slab/foundation which was all that Katrina left off the beach. I was lifting under a room addition slab approx. 12'x12' with footers when I got just about nearly-vertical and was attempting to push it over. Welp...the loader got buried trying to go forward trying to push it, and in the process my left brain wasn't speaking to my right hand at the time, so instead of lowering the loader I raised it and the forks slipped off the concrete slab. Just then--- simultaneously--- I screamed like a little girl 'cuz it was gonna be lites-out as the pad weighed about 12,000 lbs.--and, my right brain had enough sense (or maybe self-preservation??) to tell both hands to pull back on the controls an' git me the heck outta there. But it didn't happen quite quickly enough. The concrete came crashing down and caught the edge of the cab ROPS and hit the front tire---and I pooped my pants WHILE taking a chunk of foam out of the seat. So after I got the cab aired out and the seat fixed,(haha) I tried the whole exercise over again a few more times---but just a little bit wiser--and fully awake and got-r-did.

Today's lesson boys and girls was brought to you by the letters: E, M, and S. And the numbers 9, 1, 1. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-01          139431

Griz, you probably need to call the FBI, your thread has been severally hijacked.

SG, it occurs to me, you and I could make a million selling video of EW in his don't do it this way demostrations. Sure adds to the oft repeated, "we didn't do it this way up >>>>>" we hear often. EW, keep it up or down but keep it off of you. Murf, you might better not haul him any more equipment, seems he needs a rubber room to work in. :), :), :)

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-01          139435

Kenneth, I'm a youngun' who paid carefull attention to the stories 'round the fireplace in the evenings after supper.

By cultivators I mean the curved spring steel style with 'sweeps' (replaceable heads) on the bottom tip.

SG, thanks, "stays" was what I knew the braces as also.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-01          139444

Oh Murf, supper. That is a old term I miss hearing.

At to the tool bars, realize they design has really changed especially on some brands over the years. The tool bar had to fixed to it did not rotate as does the current style. As to tool bars, the design you are talking about is more like the current "tool bar" that is used on the 3 pth, I assume for some cultivators an planters? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-01          139447

Kenneth, we have something in common then, I miss the supper itself!! ;) LMAO!!

The earliest versions had a belly-mounted toolbar and the cultivators were ahead of the rear wheel, easily visible to the operator, this also limited the amount of fluxuation in travel caused by uneven ground, but was mostly for visibility, that way you cultivated the crop, instead of accidentally decimating it.

Generally speaking there was nothing special required to fix the toolbar in place, if it's wider than the arms physics say it can only roll about half a revolution before it meets the arm itself. The lower link pins were on raised tabs that also bolted to the toolbar, this alllowed it to be variable in width, or even mounted on an offset, left or right, bear in mind not much was 'standard' back then either.

The cultivators themselves were almost exactly the same as what we see today mounted on rolling frames towed from the swinging drawbar.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-01          139450

Murf, I do know the type of tool bar you are talking about. Never used or own tractor with them. In this region they mainly were old JD, IH and Farmall. Ford and MF did not have them. ....

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle

2007-02-01          139459

kt,
Hijacked? Call the FBI?
Na, I've enjoyed the banter.

Front snowblower verses 3ph blower has many threads and posts in here and other forums..... so I've made decision to stay with 3ph blower (if I'm lucky enough to run into cheap hitch parts sometime) or none at all.

thanks all! Keep your eyes out for some. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-01          139461

Grizz---if that's all you're trying to do is mount a blower then might I suggest making some lower arms out of 2x2 angle? Use some 1/4" chain at an angle to keep the arms from swaying--allowing for the PTO shaft.
A 7/8" and drill for the pivot ends are all you really need----shoot, you could even torch-cut the holes if need be. The top link could be purchased or make from angle, or tubing. It's not rocket science---even Kenny can hook his up, well that is, if had snow where he lives. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-02          139488

Griz, I like your attitude. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-02          139490

Griz, there's another way to do it too, if you've dug through the archives there's a few mentions of how to do it.

If you have (or have access to) a shop & a welder and some VERY basic fabricating skills and tools, it is very easy to rig a small engine directly to the blower, then hook up a small subframe that allows you to carry it with the FEL.

I've done a few of these, mostly for putting an 8' blower on the front of a pick up truck.

For a 5' blower an 18+ hp engine would clear just about anything.

They work slicker than your nose is on a cold morning.... ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-02          139503

Murf help this ol' feller out...what the heck is your avatar? My laptop monitor quality just doesn't do it justice. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-02-05          139576

Murf, EW, KT, to name some,

Been away from the puter and could not reply. Thanks for the info. I think we should have a forum just for been there done that stories.

EW,
I would never laugh at you, but I will laugh with you. I wish you had a video.

Grizz,
Thanks again for the off topic patience. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-05          139577

Steam Genie (aka SG): I know my stories don't hold a candle to your "seat time" in the outhouse with cousin ___(fill in the blank)___ :) LMAO

As far as dem der "vid-e-os", back in da hinterland (aka Michigan) I tells ya we calls dem "ev-i-dence". Ain't gunna be no ev-i-dence.

So ifin we makes one--one a dem der "vid-ee-ohs"---an' trus' me WE AIN'T, I'm gunna hafta kills ya, ya he-ah? Don't need sum 'surance agent poppin' his ahead 'roun he-ah 'bout sum dumb Rankee. No suh!
Knowhadamean Vern?

(Mental note: Oh---My---Gawd! I'm writing AND speaking Redneckish. It was only a matter of time my fellow Nort'eners) ....

View my Photos
grizzlyhackle

2007-02-06          139587

Well thanks for all the suggestions for how to fabricate. I found the arms and links on ebay for $120. now jsut need to pick up the pins, nuts and bolts, and stabilizer parts. One more question ... should I get a rock shaft cover as I don't see one under the backhoe seat. Wonder if I'll need anything else once I get looking that would ahve been taken off when backhoe was put on. Any John deere compact tractor experts? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-06          139592

Jeff'ry, yurr not the only one with Redneckish tendencies...

If you look at my picture number 14 you'll have it al figured out ole son.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
LoneStarOH

2017-03-25          196406

Hey GrizzlyHackle... I have a 2001 JD4200, would you like me to post pix of my 3ph setup?
It may help you find the parts that you need.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login