Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC26DA Ignition Switch Issues

View my Photos
gsmitty55
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-03-12          196377

I have a 2007 NH TC26DA with about 700+ hours on it. Was using to clear trees the other day and it wouldn't restart after I shut it off. I had started it multiple times prior. When I turn the key none of the gauges glow plug indicator lights etc. work. Checked all fuses and none are blown and battery voltage is normal. Has anyone had a similar issue that could aid me in resolving this problem?

Thanks,
Gene D. Smith

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland TC26DA Ignition Switch Issues

View my Photos
cheapscot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-03-12          196378

I'd start by examining your ground to see whether it has worked loose or been torn off by brush etc. If there is no obvious damage then check it for continuity. Sometimes it may look fine at the terminal and be corroded under the insulation.( found this out the hard way on one of my boats).

The other thing you may want to do is read your manual to see if there are any automatic kill switches hidden away anywhere. Lots of the smaller hobby tractors have them now (under the seat is common) and they are a royal PITA!

My starting bet would be on a loose or damaged ground as you say you were clearing brush, - lots of snags to tear things off. I've had harnesses separated as well by branches from time to time. Usually no damage, just clip it back together. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login