Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland 3010S wiring problem

View my Photos
TracyD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-07-24          195550

Rats and dogs got to my wiring harness behind my cluster and running down drivers side of cab. got it all put back color to color, but i have a few wires left over no idea where they go. tractor will now turn over great but will not start. cant find a wiring diagram online any sugestions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Carolinablue

2016-07-24          195551

If it's turning over good, being a diesel the wiring shouldn't be a problem. Check your shutoff first of all and then see if your getting fuel at the injectors. May be some air in the lines. ....

View my Photos
TracyD

2016-07-24          195552

I think it is the shut off. I don't know where that is. Tractor ran perfect 2 weeks ago. Something some where is not grounding correctly or need a hot wire that it no longer has ....

View my Photos
Carolinablue

2016-07-24          195553

Look on top or side of your injector pump and find were a rod is attached to a lever. Follow it back to or near the bottom of the steering console. There should be something looking like a choke pull but should not be pulled out.
Diesels do not use anything electrical to fire as it uses strictly compression to ignite the diesel fuel. Now one of your spare wires may be used by your lights or alternator but nothing to do with the engine running. ....

View my Photos
TracyD

2016-07-24          195554

i followed the rod back toward the stearing colume where it runs into a cable that runs up under the dash to the acelerator bar. found no place to hook up any wire. its like the fuel system is shut off. Its turning over but i smell no diesel ....

View my Photos
TracyD

2016-07-24          195556

Is there some type of electric fuel shut off valve. It has a manual fuel pump, with a manual pump up lever. i pumped it up but still no luck on trying to start. Since the pump is manual i don't think there would be any type of electric injector pump.I dont care if i ever get the lights working or really where the extra wires go but that is the only thing that has changed since the tractor was running great. i still believe this is an electrical problem ....

View my Photos
Carolinablue

2016-07-24          195557

I don't think there is electrical shut-off. Just by chance has your fuel been cut off at your tank and of course you have plenty of fuel. :) I'm sure you have a manual pull shut off on there some where. Look for something with usually a red knob. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-25          195560

It will surprise me if that tractor does not have an electric fuel cut off valve. Proven by the fact it cuts off by the key for it a manual fuel cut off you would have to pull knob to. Go back to the fuel line either end and track it to the other end, you should find it.
Power will open and most likely the lack of power allows a spring to shut it. I may be wrong on the exact way it cuts the fuel. But a diesel runs without electric but it must have fuel and most diesels use electric cut fuel valves for much customer friendly I would say is the reason. Now your tractor could have an emergency cut off that would be a pull cable or rod in the cab. I have three tractors, my B2710 Kubota only has electrical fuel valve, M6800 Kubota has the emergency cable and my JD 5525 could not tell you sitting in my office if it has an emergency pull cable or not.
IF you are not seeing a wire to splice back together would think there is a plug in connection a wire was pulled out of so you have a length missing. May I suggest you put up a NO RAT ZONE sign (hey see if that works, lol) and keep the dogs away. So far never had issue with rats but our winters are mild and tractors would offer little more comfort than other easier targets. Then I do try to feed the little fury fellows when they show up. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-25          195561

Tracy, if you bought this form a NH dealer call their shop and ask can they send you the page on this wiring. Some will, some will not. ....

View my Photos
Carolinablue

2016-07-25          195562

Maybe you can find something here.....copy and paste the whole link, lots of pictures.

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login