Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
JerseyMike
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-02          186547

I have a JD 750 tractor - 1987. It sat for 3 years with no use, no starts. (I know I derseve a beating)Trying to start the tractor now and fuel is spitting out of the exhaust. Needless to say it's not starting. where do I begin with this?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-04-02          186548

If diesel drain fuel and refill and install new fuel filter and injector cleaner, then bleed off air,
if gasoline drain fuel tank, clean fuel lines ,fill with new fuel and injector clean,either one should work unless the motor is locked after 3 years. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
JerseyMike

2013-04-02          186549

I should have given a better history. It is a Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel. Drained the fuel, replaced with new. Changed fuel filter and cup. Tried to bleed the lines. I could only get two of the three to bleed. I did pull out the delivery valves in the fuel pump thinking a clog may be there and replaced. Maybe that was a mistake? ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-04-02          186550

I think it may be your injector pump.if so,call 1-877-530-4430
I had a 250 Massey-Ferguson to do the same thing. and it was the pump. mine was $986.00 for a rebuilt one. but a new one was over $2000.00 dollars.
also to any who read this, you need to add a 1/3 quart of 30 weight oil to a tank full of fuel every three fill ups, the fuel is NO GOOD gas or diesel.
My pump the o-rings was dried out and i used that tractor that morning then change oil and fuel filter that afternoon,and the tractor would not start, I took all of the air out of lines, and a friend told me it was the pump. and it was..But replaceing the pump is cheaper then a tractor. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-04-02          186551

Also Yarmar bought out John Deere several years ago,even the colors. yellow and green and John Deere decals.
But a yarmar is the same as a J.D. the same tractor..different colors. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
JerseyMike

2013-04-02          186552

Much appreciated Bugs. I was hoping for an easy fix. I have read don't even try to mess with rebuilding a fuel pump. So i'll take your suggestion and go for the rebuilt. Thanks much. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
Inducnito
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-02          186553

Hey bugs. Could you explain the part about adding oil to the diesel again? Keeps the o rings in pump better lubed? Thanks. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-02          186555

What he was trying to say is that modern diesel fuel has almost no sulfur, sulfur in diesel is a lubricant. All you need is a really good quality diesel fuel supplement or additive.

I've had really good luck with Lucas brand fuel additives.

Best of luck. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-04-02          186556

I used Lucas also, the Diesel and gasoline is made from grain or most is, and the engines needs oil to operate correct.
I put 1/3 quart of 30 weight oil in my diesel and gasoline engine per tank of fuel, and Lucas about every other tank or maybe go three tanks, a friend uses power steering fluid and about 1/3 quart because it is a little cheaper.but you need oil,
I let a generator set all winter with regular gas in it 87 octane and last Sat. I tried to start it,it would not start,I took the cap off of the fuel tank and it had turned to jelly, I tried to drain it, and then got some fuel additive let it set till today ,still would not start,so I gave it a shot of starting fluid,and let the generator run all of that gas out..
I hope it will start without using starting fluid again.because I don't like starting fluid.But a man has to do what you need to do..
You O-rings will last long ,so will your engine .

The company I gave you will give you a catalog free ,they have new,use and rebuilt parts. The used and rebuilt he will Guanteer a year.
I have used this company over 35 years, always got good parts..and many seem to be cheaper then a brand name tractor company.
I like them a lot..Plus they will buy your old part from you or give you a credit. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
46bugs

2013-04-02          186557

Sorry about the spelling,I didnt check.:) ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
Murf

2013-04-02          186559

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46bugs | view 186556
I used Lucas also, the Diesel and gasoline is made from grain or most is, and the engines needs oil to operate correct.

Diesel made from grain? Really? Care to explain that?

I can sort of see someone saying that Ethanol, which MIGHT be 15% of gasoline, being "made from grain" (corn actually) but diesel?

Best of luck. ....

JD 750 fuel spitting

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-05          186580

I was not aware anyone had bought JD.

Murf, no fuel expert but there was an experiment in the US a few years back where they used oil from different seeds I guess. Know they used from soybeans and cottonseed for the cotton seed was the one they reported has the lowest power from it. The short of it as I remember their prediction was a farmer would be able to produce their own fuel. But not aware of that ever catching on but also aware there is biodiesel. Thought that was from regular diesel fuel and cooking oil which much is from seeds. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login