backhoe for JD 1070: Back Hoe  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review backhoe for JD 1070: Back Hoe -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 07-24-1999, 00:00 Post: 6245
Ken

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 backhoe for JD 1070

I have a JD 1070 4WD tractor, and I am looking to install a backhoe attachment to it. I have talked to the dealer and he has a new model 8B that fits my tractor. This unit uses a subframe to attach. I also have found on the internet a company that builds/sells a Power King 9000 that mounts primarily on the 3 point hitch, with some additional support. They told me that the JD brand attachment is built by Woods Equipment and has problems with the metal components cracking from stress and the way they were made. Has anyone had any experience with any of these units or other brands? What are the pros/cons for each, they are both about the same price, but the Power King unit comes with a "power thumb" attachment for the bucket and 2 different size buckets of my choice.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

08-02-1999, 00:00 Post: 6538
Matt

backhoe for JD 1070

I really dont' have any answers to your questions, but I just wanted to let you know that I have a Kelley backhoe for sale. The listing is just below yours on the backhoe message board. If you are interested let me know. I have a direct contact with manufacturer rep. to let me know what it would take to fit up to your tractor. You can get somewhat of a look at a Kelley unit at www.kelleymanufacturing.com

09-23-1999, 00:00 Post: 8223
Randy Eckard

backhoe for JD 1070

I have seen the JD 8b backhoes and know the reputation of Woods. I would be very surprised to see any stress cracks on these machines. I think another dealer is giving you a "line". In my opinion JD provide/builds some of the best attachments on the market.

09-23-1999, 00:00 Post: 8234
tractorman

Filter by User
 backhoe for JD 1070

I agree that you won't have any problem with either the John Deere (which is made by arps) or Woods Backhoe. The Power King is something I would watch out for. I think that most if not all dealers on this board would agree that a three point mounting is not ideal for a John deere 1070. Both the Woods and Deere units have had subframe mountings enfgineered to fit your tractor. They are sturdy and easily removed/attached. Only other advice is that if you need a commercial grade to look into Bradco. If you are in the Northeastern U.S. you may want to email me.

09-23-1999, 00:00 Post: 8235
tractorman

Filter by User
 backhoe for JD 1070

I agree that you won't have any problem with either the John Deere (which is made by arps) or Woods Backhoe. The Power King is something I would watch out for. I think that most if not all dealers on this board would agree that a three point mounting is not ideal for a John deere 1070. Both the Woods and Deere units have had subframe mountings enfgineered to fit your tractor. They are sturdy and easily removed/attached. Only other advice is that if you need a commercial grade to look into Bradco. If you are in the Northeastern U.S. you may want to email me. One note on Kelley Backhoes, their subframes are the most retarded, awkward contraptions that I have ever seen. The Backhoes work fine but look as if they were made in someone's basement. The buckets they make, sorry to say, are also pathetic. Wouldn't be bad if they were priced 1500-2000 below the competition

12-04-1999, 00:00 Post: 10642
Bill

backhoe-for-JD-1070

I have an 8B Backhoe for sale right now. It is attached to my 870 JD tractor. This is my second one of these. They are very good hoes. I have had no problems beyond popping a hydraulic line once in a while. I went from a smaller version that I had on a 750 JD several years ago. You will be surprised how much work these hoes can do. My 870 with the hoe is for sale right now but I would sell the hoe seperate if you are interested. It is a 1996 year.

Regards,
Bill

01-16-2002, 16:14 Post: 34616
neila234
2002-01-16 00:00:00
 backhoe for JD 1070

I hope someone reads this new message to an old item but I am looking for a JD backhoe to mount on my 1995 JD 870 with 440 loader. Which model fits, the 7, 8A, 8B, or what? What is a reasonable price to pay for a good used one? Thanks for any thoughts and/or suggestions...

01-17-2002, 08:37 Post: 34630
Ken Califf

backhoe for JD 1070

The 8A and 8B were both original equipment BH for the 870. The 8B was the newer version. There are several makers of BH for your tractor in aftermarket products. Hope this helps.

02-19-2011, 23:48 Post: 176917
marinelife95

backhoe for JD 1070

Just bought a used JD 870 and looking for a Back Hoe weather it ne a JD 8A, 8B, or other brand. Looking to buy fall 2011 or later outside Sahavanna Ga.

08-29-2011, 03:37 Post: 180091
JLance

backhoe for JD 1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken | view 6245
I have a JD 1070 4WD tractor, and I am looking to install a backhoe attachment to it. I have talked to thedealer and he has a new model 8B that fits my tractor. This unit uses a subframe to attach. I also have foundon the internet a company that builds/sells a Power King 9000 that mounts primarily on the 3 point hitch, withsome additional support. They told me that the JD brand attachment is built by Woods Equipment and hasproblems with the metal components cracking from stress and the way they were made. Has anyone had anyexperience with any of these units or other brands? What are the pros/cons for each, they are both about the same price, butthe Power King unit comes with a "power thumb" attachment for the bucket and 2 different size buckets of mychoice.

Hey.
Have you thought about contacting backhoe owners directly and asking them those questions? I think they would be happy to answer them, if they want to sell their equipment. Try searching auctions and other sites, then just call them! You might get a good deal on a backhoe if you dedicate your time to find it.

Link:   cheap backhoe loaders from USA 

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Thread 6245 Filter by Poster:
Bill 1 | JLance 1 | Ken 1 | Ken Califf 1 | marinelife95 1 | Matt 1 | mysteryman 1 | neila234 1 | Randy Eckard 1 | tractorman 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Woods 9000 sub-frame backhoe
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Set up???
+ Kit Built Backhoe Review Advice
+ small backhoe bucket
+ Taylor-Way backhoe Reviews?
+ Case backhoe value-kelly blue book
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ JD model 48 backhoe attachment plates for JD 4600
+ kelly backhoe
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experiences

Most Discussion

+ Backhoes and breaking frames
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Se
+ Back hoe on a sub-compact
+ JD 48 Dipper cylinder
+ TC33D New Holland breaking in
+ THUMB SIZE
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experie
+ Backhoe decision, help !!!!!
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ Backhoe Bucket sizes

Newest Topics

+ Update - Backhoe Attachment
+ woods backhoe bh106 what is the weight
+ Rigid Toplink for 3 point hitch Backhoe
+ 3PH Backhoe Flushing Lines and Cylinders
+ Brands Mfg. 3pt. backhoe
+ LW-6 3 point hitch
+ cub cadet 7205 Which backhoe will fit ??
+ 8LD Bucket
+ LW-6 3ph backboe how to test pump after hydraulic
+ backhoe for deutz agrotron 155cv

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines